What's new

Ever been that guy?

That guy that brought traffic to a halt, accidently turned off the power to your street, your fireworks burnt down the city or made a goof or himself somewhere?

My cousin after filling himself up with beer thought he would take the shortcut home at night around the back of a bowling club and fell into an open sewer, yep full of number 2's.

Do you know someone or have you been that guy?

Last edited:
That guy that brought traffic to a halt, accidently turned off the power to your street, your fireworks burnt down the city or made a goof or himself somewhere?

My cousin after filling himself up with beer thought he would take the shortcut home at night around the back of a bowling club and fell into an open sewer, yep full of number 2's.

Do you know someone or have you been that guy?

Yep, that was me. Years ago I shut down a major highway in rush hour. Someone cut me off in the rain, hit my bumper, and went into a spin. Hit a bridge abutment and spun back into the middle of the road, closing the highway. As I sat in my wrecked truck waiting for the cops, I had the pleasure of listening to the local traffic report about a major wreck closing the highway.

...strikes and gutters...(sorry could not resist)

...strikes and gutters...(sorry could not resist)

lol, it was actually a lawn bowling club.

Come to think of it, when I was driving a forklift for a food company, I drove in from the wet, tried to take a turn on a shiny floor
and instead of turning the fork went staight into a rack and I brought down about 15 metres of racking 4 high and on the bottom was palletts of mayonnaise which flowed all over the warehouse.

Legion

Staff member
I was working for a "resort" in a rural area. I collected the businesses mini bus from the local "mechanics" where it has been following a repair. I started driving it a long way to the nearest big city, but about 50km out saw the oil light was flashing. Up the way was a petrol station, so I pulled in to see what the trouble was. The trouble, I found out from the owner, who ran from the office flailing his arms, was that my mini bus was on fire. And I had pulled up next to his gas pump.

We managed to get the flames under control by the time the fire truck arrived. It made the local paper.

The "mechanics" had fixed the turbo with silicon sealant, which failed as soon as it got hot, spraying diesel fuel all over the place, and it had ignited. Ah, fun in the outback.

Yep. Our company had a national convention - 3000 staff, guest speaker with a PowerPoint preso and I volunteered to "drive" the ppt off my laptop.

Long story short - forgot my power pack, speaker was late, fielded questions half way through and laptop died of power. Had to send everyone on an impromptu break while we searched for a power pack.

Career limiting move!

I can only guess what number 2 is. Please, don't explain.

We all wen't back to have a look the next day and there were 2 large metal plates removed and left on the ground as they must have been fixing something. The hole in the ground was about 10x 5feet and you good smell it 100 metres before you got there. He reckons it was about 3 foot deep.

Top Bottom