What's new

European Shipping Woes

Aldwyn, that is disappointing. I would have thought a refund would have been appropriate, or at the very least the option to defer the flights.

Not much different here in the US. The postal service is over loaded. The USPS is handling the Amazon orders & a lot of their postal centers are way down on manpower. I had a Canadian shipment go to Chicago, then out to Iowa & finally 4 days later get to Boston. I had another from down south get to Boston, then out to Iowa, & finally 2 weeks later get back here. Very hit or miss but if you have tracking, it will find you eventually. On the other side of the coin, I had one take 3 days from Kentucky & no tracking - go figure.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Anyone having problems with goods being shipped from Europe...most specifically Italy or Portugal? I placed an order on April 20; it showed acceptance on April 22 in Lisbon...where it remains according to the USPS tracking site.
The vendor seems helpful. Claims the problem is due to the.....yep, virus. Oddly enough I am receiving purchases from other European locations with no real problem. Anyone else in this situation?
I’m about two months on an order from Switzerland. Seems the biggest problem is air traffic - there isn’t much.

Not much different here in the US. The postal service is over loaded. The USPS is handling the Amazon orders & a lot of their postal centers are way down on manpower. I had a Canadian shipment go to Chicago, then out to Iowa & finally 4 days later get to Boston. I had another from down south get to Boston, then out to Iowa, & finally 2 weeks later get back here. Very hit or miss but if you have tracking, it will find you eventually. On the other side of the coin, I had one take 3 days from Kentucky & no tracking - go figure.

Yup. Had an order from California shipped out the next day. Took three days to get to NYC, where it shouldn't have been routed, then sat there for a week and a half. Eventually it was delivered.

An order a week or so before from the same company was properly routed and got to me in Northern NJ in three days.

At this point, I expect delays and am just happy that things make it to me.

Yes, shipping is really screwed up. I ordered a non-shaving item from a vendor in Las Vegas. The shipment went from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, to Houston, to Phoenix, to my home in Chandler, AZ. What should have taken at most a week to get to me took three weeks.

I placed an order in early March from Russia. Tracking hasn't updated since March 23 after it was transferred from Russian customs to US customs. I did get a full refund, but I'd rather have my package. I have three other packages in transit with USPS and all of them are running, at last count, three or more days late.

I have noticed most items from UK/EU have gotten inside in a decent rate (USPS) but inbound USPS customs is a lag of 3-4 weeks. I have asked on some shipments before ordering if the dealer have options for FedEx/UPS/DHL without the additional charge. Got lucky that way. But its a wonderful surprise to get a package you thought would never comes magically arrives.

My Netherlands (no tracking) package arrived Saturday. Russia and Latvia shipped sooner, but still no sign.

Glad you mentioned this. I read that they are using ships instead of planes and expect 4-6weeks to be the norm for mail from US to EU. I have two items shipping from Spain and I am hoping these aren’t somehow destined to catch a ride on a ship making a return trip stateside. My hopes at this point is that they have arrived in NY and haven’t been cleared through customs for acceptance by usps.

I will commend how itemized USPS is about the listing of countries in their alerts. As much as bad rep. USPS gets, IMHO, they are jut people trying to make the best of everything as possible - especially during these difficult times.

Tatara shipment arrived today in California from Portugal, six weeks in transit.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Really wow! I contacted customer support to ask about shipping options. They gave me free shipping via express FedEx (I think they just started this with no end date noted by agent). Ordered Friday, scheduled to arrive Thursday....Hopefully. Bummer about your wait time.

Let me know how its working for you and what razor(s)/blade(s) you normally use.

Really wow! I contacted customer support to ask about shipping options. They gave me free shipping via express FedEx (I think they just started this with no end date noted by agent). Ordered Friday, scheduled to arrive Thursday....Hopefully. Bummer about your wait time.

Let me know how its working for you and what razor(s)/blade(s) you normally use.
I just ordered a handle this time. I love the Nodachi, I haven't found it to be picky about blades , BIC, Astra SS, and 7 O'clock Green SS currently in rotation

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Glad you mentioned this. I read that they are using ships instead of planes and expect 4-6weeks to be the norm for mail from US to EU. I have two items shipping from Spain and I am hoping these aren’t somehow destined to catch a ride on a ship making a return trip stateside. My hopes at this point is that they have arrived in NY and haven’t been cleared through customs for acceptance by usps.
That may explain why my cigtare are weeks overdue. I feel better now.

Internal Europe does not seem to be an issue (mostly truck shipping) but outside (plane, ship) is affected.
They expect more flights mid june
However I live in Schiphols flight pad and there are definitely more flights already

I finally saw some change in status for 1 of two packages coming from the same vendor in Spain. My package shows accepted by USPS in Los Angeles with delivery to Ohio by Saturday 5/30. I ordered this package on 5/4. All things considered, this is making it here in better than anticipated time.

Package two is from the same vendor in Spain sending the correct item I ordered back in early April. This tracking number was given to me on 4/29, and was mirroring the status change dates with package number 1 up until 5/9 where is just show leaving the country of origin. USPS is not showing any tracking info, and it kind of reads like it can’t be tracked because it’s still in Spain. Overall, with the mail in each country getting hit like this and working through these times, they are doing a fairly decent job.

Local Post Office staff here know some things perhaps we don't. They were able to discover exactly where my overseas package was...in a container with 26 other parcels....in Lisbon. Been over 5 weeks now....sigh.😒

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I just posted this in another thread here:
My last Shavemac order was shipped in the end of March, and it took a couple days shy of seven weeks to get here.
This was with mail. I also ordered some resin rods for brush handles from the UK, they were shipped DHL overnight and arrived with three days from ordering (this was mid May!!)....Right now I think the main problem is that most mail goes with normal flights, i.e. passenger etc. The shipping companies like DHL, FEDEX and UPS have their own fleet of planes, so they always fly. For my next order from Shavemac we use FEDEX as the shipper, hope this takes only a week or so. Bernd from Shavemac told me that at the present time they will not ship anything internationally with mail.

I also had shipped a synthetic brush to the UK around the same time, and it took six weeks to the UK, normally, it is maybe a week at most.

The only problem is the shipping cost with the big three shippers is quite expensive, my order from the UK was 50 pounds sterling, so over $60 - but it made it here pretty much overnight!

Top Bottom