What's new

European alternatives to Scrubbing Bubbles

I've just bought Cif in a spray pomp bottle. It doesn't create afoam like I've seen in videos where people use Scrubbing Bubbles. Maybe I've bought the wrong one.

Ultrasonic cleaners are just that - they're cleaners. Think of them as being a bucket of water that you then slosh around. It just happens hundreds (or more) times a second, which causes cavitation (bubbles) on hard surfaces. Most people here use some Dawn concentrate, I add some surfactant (I believe Simple Green is a surfactant - I use something else), and you can do the initial 'knock the worst dirt off' with no cleaner other than water. You can -add- a sterilising agent, but that's not the purpose. If you wanted to, though, toss in a little bit of Lysol concentrate, then fire up the ultrasonic cleaner. With a 3 minute cycle, it should thoroughly saturate all the weird crevices of your tools, and you can then run a rinse cleaner cycle (or two) to fully clean everything off.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.

Hopefully you didn't buy Cif for windows :)
You don't really need to use Cif, any dish detergent and a toothbrush will do. Just mix a good amount with hot water, soak your razor for an hour or so and scrub. Repeat if necessary.
If you need a disinfectant, a 1/2L bottle of Barbicide will last for 10 years (maybe you can buy some from your local barber shop)

Hopefully you didn't buy Cif for windows :)
You don't really need to use Cif, any dish detergent and a toothbrush will do. Just mix a good amount with hot water, soak your razor for an hour or so and scrub. Repeat if necessary.
If you need a disinfectant, a 1/2L bottle of Barbicide will last for 10 years (maybe you can buy some from your local barber shop)
It isn't for windows. :) Thanks for the tip.

Cif Bathroom is the one you want. Like Scrubbing Bubbles it has no bleach.
BE WARNED, (TMK) most of the other Cif products have bleach!
upload_2017-4-3_20-25-8.png

I just found the Cif Bathroom Cleaner online on a Romanian site. Good news.
I wouldn't leave it in the bathroom stuff for more than an hour - I left a Super Adjustable in the neat stuff overnight and had to use polish to remove the dull "bloom". If the razor is really gunked and needs a long soak I would stick with liquid soap and hot water and/or ultrasonic as above. The Cif is fine for a quick clean though.

I wouldn't leave it in the bathroom stuff for more than an hour - I left a Super Adjustable in the neat stuff overnight and had to use polish to remove the dull "bloom". If the razor is really gunked and needs a long soak I would stick with liquid soap and hot water and/or ultrasonic as above. The Cif is fine for a quick clean though.
If I leave it for 2 minutes in the Cif would it be enough?

If I leave it for 2 minutes in the Cif would it be enough?
I tend to leave the "Cif Bathroom" on the razor for ONE MINUTE then scrub with the (Cif Bathroom loaded) toothbrush for another minute before rinsing. So, total time two minutes for me.

I used Kaboom on my three piece Merkur 23C this morning. I put the parts in the sink, sprayed them and waited for the the blue foam to turn white. Scrubbed with an old tooth brush, and rinsed well. Came out great. Granted it's a new setup, but there was some soap scum on the plate, etc.

Kaboom™ Foam-Tastic™ (Fresh Scent) Kaboom

and I uploaded the SDS sheet as well...for those that want to know the ingredients.

Bill

Attachments

• SDS Kaboom Foamtastic Bathroom Cleaner.pdf
    818.2 KB · Views: 0
Top Bottom