What's new

Eufros @ WCS

@West Coast Shaving I was reading another shaving forum that was interested in ordering Eufros from you but everything is sold out. Do you have a plan on restocking?

FYI - Manuel also introduced two new scents (Rosa Oud and Vetiver with Oud) last fall .

@West Coast Shaving I was reading another shaving forum that was interested in ordering Eufros from you but everything is sold out. Do you have a plan on restocking?

FYI - Manuel also introduced two new scents (Rosa Oud and Vetiver with Oud) last fall .
I messaged WCS and they indicated that they will NOT be getting the Rose Oud or Vetiver Oud. I'm bummed. But I'm going to wait it out for the re-stock to make sure that those didn't somehow make it into the order as well...

I messaged WCS and they indicated that they will NOT be getting the Rose Oud or Vetiver Oud. I'm bummed. But I'm going to wait it out for the re-stock to make sure that those didn't somehow make it into the order as well...

I'm pretty much a novice on Eufros. Which soaps would you recommend ? Thanks

I'm pretty much a novice on Eufros. Which soaps would you recommend ? Thanks
Eufros soaps are all top-quality, so it really depends on what scent profiles you prefer. I have been using the Eufros Tobacco a lot of late, I think it's the best green tobacco scent out there. I've also been using the Sandalo (Sandalwood). Really nice single note sandalwood. The Rosa Bourbon is intoxicating (but sadly, no longer produced). All of that said, I think that Tobacco is the best "gateway" soap from Eufros. WCS will be getting it in again, so maybe try that one out.

Rosa Bourbon is amazing! Sad to hear no longer available... Another great one is Gea, wonderful scent.

Gea is hard not to like, and so is Ylang Ylang.

Two of the stranger ones are Terra Humeda and Dama de Noche. I don't reach for them often but they are very different from most of my soaps and that makes a change.

Just an FYI, I asked WCS which scents they were expecting, and they replied:

• Eufros Aftershave Balm, Gea
  • Eufros Aftershave Balm, Tobacco
  • Eufros Aftershave Balm, Cronos
  • Eufros Aftershave Balm, Zanzibar
  • Eufros Vegan Shaving Soap Gea
  • Eufros Tallow Shaving Soap Tobacco
  • Eufros Tallow Shaving Soap Cronos
  • Eufros Tallow Shaving Soap Zanzibar
I really, REALLY hope that the Rose Oud and Vetiver Oud are also en route, as I have or had all of those.

Last September Manuel had these to order direct:
- VEGETAL :
- Gea : 20 € / soap (bergamot, lavender, cedar, neroli...)
- Tierra Húmeda: 20 € / soap Available in a few days
- TALLOW :
- Fougère: 20 € / soap
- Ylang Ylang : 24 € / soap (ylang, myrrh, jasmine…)
- Dama de Noche: 20 € / soap (flowers)
- East Breeze : 24 € / soap (myrrh, cardamom, vanilla..)
- Lima-Spices: 20 € / soap, intense menthol
- Zanzíbar: 20 € / soap Myrr, vanilla, patchouli, grapefruit… NEW
- Cronos:24 € / soap Chamomile, rosewood, green tea, honey... NEW

Surprised and excited to see Tobacco coming back. In terms of recommendations, it really depends on what your preferences are. Eufros scents are mostly earthy and complex scents.

I like several different scent profiles but seem to navigate towards floral scents. My current favorites are:

1a. Rosa Bourbon
1b. Rosa Oud
2. Zanzibar
3. Lima Especias
4. Badass (ATG forum exclusive patterned after Badedas shower gel)
5. Either Cronos, Gea or Tierra Humeda.

Surprised and excited to see Tobacco coming back. In terms of recommendations, it really depends on what your preferences are. Eufros scents are mostly earthy and complex scents.

I like several different scent profiles but seem to navigate towards floral scents. My current favorites are:

1a. Rosa Bourbon
1b. Rosa Oud
2. Zanzibar
3. Lima Especias
4. Badass (ATG forum exclusive patterned after Badedas shower gel)
5. Either Cronos, Gea or Tierra Humeda.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked to see Tobacco listed. I almost have to think that they just gave me a list soaps that they have carried in the past. But since they have carried Tierra, Lime Spice and a few others not on the list, I dunno...

Fougère and Zanzibar are on their way. I'm looking forward to trying them and adding them to my regular rotation, which includes Mike's, WK, B&M, Caties, and PAA. Apparently Manuel's scents are awesome.

Congratulations. You have, IMHO, one of the greatest scents in shavedom on the way in Manuel's Fougere. It is really a riveting or dazzling scent that I belueve would make an amazing fragrance if he allowed himself to explore that angle.

Zanzibar on the other hand, I found to be a bit boring. Straight up German cinnamon Christmas cookie scent (Zimtstern) and therefore a gourmand scent. I personally prefer Manuel's Brisa Oriente which is a cardamom forward scent.

That said, both soaps are top tier performers, so you have tons on great shaves ahead of you.

Congratulations. You have, IMHO, one of the greatest scents in shavedom on the way in Manuel's Fougere. It is really a riveting or dazzling scent that I belueve would make an amazing fragrance if he allowed himself to explore that angle.

Zanzibar on the other hand, I found to be a bit boring. Straight up German cinnamon Christmas cookie scent (Zimtstern) and therefore a gourmand scent. I personally prefer Manuel's Brisa Oriente which is a cardamom forward scent.

That said, both soaps are top tier performers, so you have tons on great shaves ahead of you.

Thanks Steffen! Fougères are my very favorite scents, and you said, I understand Manuel's is outstanding. I don't have a mild "cinnamon Christmas cookie scent" so hopefully I'll like it. Apparently its one of his top sellers. In the end, if the soap is top performing, I'll wade into some of his other scents, like his new vetiver with oud. Thank you.

I received Manuel's Fougere and Zanzibar last week. They're both absolutely lovely and the performance is top notch, right in there with Wholly Kaw. Dama de Noche is next (I have a sample) and I plan to have Eufros soaps as part of my regular rotation. Kudos to Manuel!

I received Manuel's Fougere and Zanzibar last week. They're both absolutely lovely and the performance is top notch, right in there with Wholly Kaw. Dama de Noche is next (I have a sample) and I plan to have Eufros soaps as part of my regular rotation. Kudos to Manuel!

Glad to hear that you are pleased with them. I agree that Manuel's soaps are top notch. You really cannot go wrong with any of them IMO. I have the vast majority of his soaps and there really hasn't been a bad one among them. I have to make it a point to use his fougere again as it's been a little while since I have shaved with it.

Glad to hear that you are pleased with them. I agree that Manuel's soaps are top notch. You really cannot go wrong with any of them IMO. I have the vast majority of his soaps and there really hasn't been a bad one among them. I have to make it a point to use his fougere again as it's been a little while since I have shaved with it.

I can image that most, if not all of his scents are lovely. The Ylang Ylang sample was really rice, too. However, I'm not a vetiver fan so I didn't like the vetiver.

I can image that most, if not all of his scents are lovely. The Ylang Ylang sample was really rice, too. However, I'm not a vetiver fan so I didn't like the vetiver.
His Vetiver is also a particularly dark, smoky and dirty kind. If you enjoy Encre Noir from Lalique, you will like Manuel's vetiver and vice versa...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom