proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks for the kind words guys. I’m sorry, I just noticed I posted this in the brush forum and not the brush making forum! Maybe an Admin can move it for me?

Thanks

I love it !.... In one shot it looks like it's been varnished and shiny , the others it looks unvarnished. Did you coat it with something to keep the moisture out ?

I did 3 coats of CA to seal it. The one that looks shiny was taken right after the CA was applied. For whatever reason, this handle would not keep the shiny finish and kept drying with a satin appearance, even though tell the wood was completely sealed.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I did 3 coats of CA to seal it. The one that looks shiny was taken right after the CA was applied. For whatever reason, this handle would not keep the shiny finish and kept drying with a satin appearance, even though tell the wood was completely sealed.
The wood soaked in the CA ,if you want it to shine it would take a few more coats of the CA .
Some wood will take several coats before it stops soaking it in and start to build up layers .
I really like that grain , Very nice !

That is a beauty! Graydog nailed it, burls will soak up an amazing amount of CA, hardener, or stabilizing resin. The drier the burl the more it will absorb.

Top Bottom