What's new

Eua thermale

Dear friends,

Yesterday a doc imdicated that eua thermal can be used as aftershave and moisturizer also good for nicks and irritation. if so it can achieve all of our needs with natural ingredient and less money..

Any experience? i have doubts.

I have no experience.
But I have no doubts your doctor is correct.
He would also say, water is more healthful and lesser cost than wine.
And he would again be correct!

No doubt the advice was well-intentioned. But may I ask what makes these ingredients any more "natural" than any other AS product? At http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/eau-thermale-avene-after-shave-balm-11733 I see this:

Ingredients: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Hybrid Safflower) Seed Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius), Sucrose Stearate, Glycerin, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Diethylhexyl Auccinate, Aluminium Sucrose Octasulfate, Benzoic Acid, BHT, Bisabolol, Carbomer, Chlorphemesin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Triclosan.

One ingredient that jumps out at me is BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene), based on toluene which is usually produced from petroleum or coal. Does that count as natural? I have trouble with that sometimes, but I think most folks would rule out BHT. On the other hand I know some folks say Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is natural. Apparently it is natural to fractionate CCT from plantation-grown coconut oil in a centrifuge, but unnatural to fractionate toluene from petroleum or coal. Anyway some folks looking for "natural" would probably rule out some of these ingredients.

As far as skin care goes, cursory research suggests that the important ingredients are the safflower oil and glycerin. The rest of the list is mostly for blending, texture, color, shelf life, and scent. Many AS splashes and balms contain various skin care ingredients, including glycerin. So I wonder what makes this one worth recommending over, say, Speick or Musgo Real? Even Aqua Velva contains a hefty dose of glycerin.

All that said it might be a nice product. I mostly use splashes myself - but if you try it, let us know what you think.

Top Bottom