What's new

ETSY soaps

I started DE shaving about 2 months ago, give or take a week. I started using VDH soap and I didn't mind it. I now use Col. Conk Bay Rum and I like it despite the bad rap it has here on the website. I really like spending my money here in America and I love buying from small businesses and even garage businesses. I know that most of the stuff on ETSY is from home businesses and I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations on which ones to try?

Not on Etsy (I don't think), but LA Shaving Soap Co. is an US artisan soap from a member here. Great soap at a good price.

I haven't tried any Etsy-only soaps. Many of the ones listed above also have their own on-line "storefronts" and have been discussed on B&B quite a bit. I think exploration is part of the whole "wetshaving" movement, but just keep an eye out for the ingredients. If there is one ingredient to be on the lookout to avoid, it would be olive oil as a primary ingredient. Olive oil based products don't lather adequately for shaving purposes. I think a lot of Etsy and local artisans just tweak their bath soap formulas (for which olive oil is a great ingredient) a little and sell them as shaving soaps.

Thanks for the advice, especially about the olive oil. I agree that exploring new saps is part of the fun and for 4-8 dollars its relatively cheap to experiment

I haven't tried any Etsy-only soaps. Many of the ones listed above also have their own on-line "storefronts" and have been discussed on B&B quite a bit. I think exploration is part of the whole "wetshaving" movement, but just keep an eye out for the ingredients. If there is one ingredient to be on the lookout to avoid, it would be olive oil as a primary ingredient. Olive oil based products don't lather adequately for shaving purposes. I think a lot of Etsy and local artisans just tweak their bath soap formulas (for which olive oil is a great ingredient) a little and sell them as shaving soaps.
+1 There are a few good shave soaps on Etsy, but a lot of bad rebranded bath soaps. Many of them think that adding clay to their all natural vegan olive oil soap makes it a shaving soap. BTW, a lot of people on B&B like Col. Conk. I haven't used it, but it does have a following.

I've overall had a good experience with etsy vendors.
Enchanticals perfumes makes rocking soft soap (get the men's whipped body soap instead of the whipped shaving soap. It does just as good of a job, and you get more for less money). Wonderful seller; she includes two free cologne samples of your choice with every order, and some are very good.
He isn't on etsy any more, but Cirmes Tonsorial Parlor makes amazing colognes, alcohol-free AS, and truly awesome shaving soap. Similiar to MWF, but smells better and works better, IMHO.
Scodioli... Maybe i just had a bad experience. Very nice seller, but there is so much fragrance oil in the soap it burns my skin. Her solid colognes are very nice though, and her alcohol-free AS's (made in partnership with Cirmes) are very good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom