What's new

Etsy soap: EnchantedStudios (Intrigue)

Has anyone else used this soap?

Etsy Link

My wife got me three of these for Christmas last year. I've been using one of the pucks as a test lathering/break-in soap for the last six months. The lather is actually pretty decent. Wasn't expecting much.

Scent is pretty strong, at least on the one I opened, which is Sandalwood Vanilla. It smells like a tobacco-vanilla mix, kind of like Tabac without the powdery floral notes. Funny thing is, every time I put the lid on, tiny bubbles appear on the surface, kind of like oil was drawn out of the soap.

Shea Butter Ingredients: Shea Butter: Olive oil, palm oil, coconut oil, safflower oil, glycerin, Shea butter, hemp seed oil, purified water,sodium hydroxide, sorbitan oleate, soy bean protein, bentonite clay, titanium oxide, and fragrance or essential oils.

Glycerin Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerin, Purified water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Sorbitan oleate, Soy bean protein, Kaolin Clay, Mica oxides, and fragrance.

Hmmm, that shea butter soap should be labeled as an olive oil soap with shea. I think most here would steer clear having seen olive oil as the first ingredient as well as the soap maker's talk of adding the clay for slip. It reads like the typical craft soap maker trick of adding clay and calling it a shave soap. I'm not saying that this is the case, but rather that it reads like it.

The glycerine recipe seems pretty standard.

Jarick, do you have the glycerine or olive oil base?

Here's the lather with the glycerin soap:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434072872.440868.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434072881.760485.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434072889.457499.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434072900.959187.jpg

lather looks good. I don't think the ingredients list sticks to the typical convention of losing the ingredients in order of the amount of the ingredient that is in the soap.

Top Bottom