What's new

Etsy bans anything and everything gun-related effective today

Perhaps this ban is happening on a later date, possibly 5/25/2022!
As of 30 seconds ago prior to my post, there's tons of gun related items on Etsy, even scopes!

I got on etsy shortly after they opened and even had a shop there until 2011 or so. Bought a lot of great handmade items there and sold some vintage ones too. Stopped using it when they opened the floodgates to resellers flogging bulk from China. It became tedious to find anything, you had to wade through so much. If I want Chinese bulk I'll go straight to the source at Aliexpress and get a better price on it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have never, and have never planned on, buying anything gun related on Etsy. So doesn’t bother me in the least. I’ll still give the vendors there my money if they have something I want.

I never understood the cancel culture, or the boycott because so and so culture. I eat Chick -fil-A. I buy Apple products. I shop at Walmart and Amazon. Literally every single multi-billion dollar company in the world has some dirty secret you will not agree with. If you spend your time focusing on who you can’t shop with because those dirty secrets you are wasting your life. Just my opinion.

I rather by my groceries, browse B&B on my ipad, and fill up on a good chicken sandwich than worry about who’s religious beliefs and politics I don’t agree with. Because I probably don’t agree with A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE AND COMPANIES. But I’m not going to let their own misguidance and poor judgement affect my life to the point that I don’t get to buy, do, and eat what makes me happy.

Hey…but if you do….have at it. Let me know when your actions change Etsy policy or put them out of business. I‘ll give you a good pat on the back.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
IDK…I got some decent freeze dried candies that I wouldn’t be able to find anywhere in town. :hips:

Top Bottom