What's new

Etsy bans anything and everything gun-related effective today

Still up so far.
proxy.php

Did etsy have any comment as to why they banned gun related items?
I haven’t read much of anything about it except they’re just expanding gun parts they don’t allow from parts of the firing mechanism to anything permanently attached to a gun. They didn’t make a big announcement of it, just a change to their policy and an e-Mail to sellers with items that would no longer be allowed. So if it’s virtue signaling, they seem to have neglected to signal it. I think they’re just tightening up their rules after some bad publicity over prohibited items getting listed. Not limited to weapons. Apparently people were selling elephant ivory and worse.

ETSY is supposed to be a market for vintage and handmade items, so I’m not really sure why anyone would be looking for gun parts there in the first place.

I do think it‘s unfair to the custom grip guys. That does seem like something that’s in the ETSY wheelhouse that was unfairly banned. Most everything else? Probably shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

Slings, holsters and accessories that don’t permanently attach to the gun are still fine. Except for bayonets and grenade launchers, obviously.

Top Bottom