What's new

Et tu Speick Stick?

Is it officially discontinued? The new pucks are sold on the C&S UK online shop.

C&S have the travel pucks (old stock from Valobra) and are selling the new Culmak vegan pucks in the steel containers, but the 90g pucks aren't in stock in anymore. There was some info from another forum.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
C&S have the travel pucks (old stock from Valobra) and are selling the new Culmak vegan pucks in the steel containers, but the 90g pucks aren't in stock in anymore. There was some info from another forum.
Per the C&S UK site the new 90g pucks are still sold.
I'm seeing some of each sold out and in stock.

one is Sodium Palmate and Sodium Tallowate as first and second ingredients, and one is Sodium Tallowate and aqua as first and second ingredients.

Which is which re culmak vs valobra? Or old vs new vs new-new?

Have you used the new formula Speick yet?
How different is the performance from the tallow formula?

I have never used Speick before (tallow formula) and currently in dilemma whether to get a few old formula sticks or wait for the Vegan formula stick to try.
You really cannot go wrong with the tallow formula Speick shaving soap stick. They also make great tallow bath soap bars with a similar scent. I recently got a pair of Speick sticks for under $10 total which is for 100g. I'd say that's pretty good price/performance.

Have you used the new formula Speick yet?
How different is the performance from the tallow formula?

I have never used Speick before (tallow formula) and currently in dilemma whether to get a few old formula sticks or wait for the Vegan formula stick to try.

I have not. Bought a dozen sticks thinking I could bolster my old formula inventory before Speick went down the same hole as Tabac. Didn't work obviously. So I'll correspond with shavemac for advice on a return tomorrow.

Fully intend to try it at some point but I'd rather purchase one stick for trial purposes than a dozen! My hope is it's = to La Toja.

Last edited:
I stocked up on the Speick Stick years ago when I decided not to leave its availability to chance. I did the same with the Valobra Stick, the Palmolive Stick, the La Toja Stick, Tabac and Mitchell’s Woolfat.

I have 24 unused Speick Sticks in addition to the three I have in use.

My heirs are going to be in really good shape.

I’ve amassed close to a kilo of ARKO. I
don’t care about scents one way or another but I do care about tallow. I feel safe from veganisim now. A positive note on vegan though is that they leave more meat for the rest of us.
i
Hmm. When I'm done shaving with vegan Haslinger, I think I'll go pick up a thick boneless sirloin for the grill. You may well be a very nice guy. But I'm not leaving more meat for you. :cool:

I have 120 Palmolive sticks, 40 Speick sticks, 18 Arko sticks, 14 Valobra sticks, and a bunch of tallowate Harris/Salter soap.

I also really like Cella's Bio and Pre de Provence, both of which are vegan.

I also know how to make my own shave soap, and do, and I like it as well as anything I can buy if not better.

Stock up, try some vegan soaps, learn a new skill. The market does what it will. Don't be subservient to the whims of commercial entities.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have 120 Palmolive sticks, 40 Speick sticks, 18 Arko sticks, 14 Valobra sticks, and a bunch of tallowate Harris/Salter soap.

I also really like Cella's Bio and Pre de Provence, both of which are vegan.

I also know how to make my own shave soap, and do, and I like it as well as anything I can buy if not better.

Stock up, try some vegan soaps, learn a new skill. The market does what it will. Don't be subservient to the whims of commercial entities.
You are a very smart man my friend.

I have not. Bought a dozen sticks thinking I could bolster my old formula inventory before Speick went down the same hole as Tabac. Didn't work obviously. So I'll correspond with shavemac for advice on a return tomorrow.

Fully intend to try it at some point but I'd rather purchase one stick for trial purposes than a dozen! My hope is it's = to La Toja.
I remember your post sharing the box of Speick and in the current scenario, it was a wise decision indeed.

I agree with the thinking of getting one stick of new Vegan formula and use it, who knows maybe they haven't messed up the performance because they already have vegan (non tallow) shave soap in their line-up.

I'll see if I can get the old tallow version sticks now and will keep an eye out for the new version as well.

I love the aftershave splash and have always wanted to try the stick. Where does tallow Speick stick stand performance wise? Opinions appreciated

Just performance. Not price to performance ratio.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Are we sure that this is not just two different products from the same house? This clearly has Vegan printed on it.
Their "Active Men" line has Vegan prominently displayed.

Are we sure that this is not just two different products from the same house? This clearly has Vegan printed on it.
Their "Active Men" line has Vegan prominently displayed.
The packaging is new yet the INCI's on the (German) homepage are the old ones. Seeing the pic of the OP I'd rather go with the new list printed on the box and believe that the text on the homepage is just a relict.

And no, there are not 2 sticks now available the one in the dark blue packaging is the only one.

Top Bottom