What are your nicknames/aliases?
JoePS, esuor

Where do you live?
Sacramento, CA

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Civil engineer

What is your favorite shave setup?
Not sure yet. Just switching over to wet shaving after using an electric razor almost exclusively for 30 years.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Reading, travel

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
As I mentioned above, I’m new to wet shaving. I have used an electric razor almost exclusively for 30 years. I have tried cartridge razors from time to time and always cut myself and couldn’t handle it. Lately I have become very frustrated with the quality of my shaves...I could not get a good shave my neck and on certain spots on my face. I also got tired of buying cleaning solutions for my Braun shaver. So I started to do some research and came across Geofatboy and his Shave Nation videos and really got hooked on the idea of wet shaving with a safety razor. While doing my research on safety razors, I stopped with the electric shaver and switched to cartridges (borrowed a Mach3 from my wife) and loved the close shave I got with it but still kept nicking and cutting myself. In the end I decided to order a vintage safety razor (a Schick Krona) on eBay, which came with a pack of Shark blades, and picked up some Proraso red and a synthetic brush from Amazon. Then I went to Shave Nation and ordered a case, an alum stick, and some Arko shaving soap. I also picked up the Assured safety razor set at Dollar Tree as an alternative to my Krona. The only thing I am missing is some aftershave but I have been using Thayers witch hazel which seems to work for me. I haven’t used any of my purchases yet. I cut myself pretty badly on my last shave with the Mach3 and am giving my face a break. Can’t wait to get started with my new shaving routine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom