What's new

Esterbrook dipless desk pen

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Looking good, guys. Mine is a little bit different, it was my grandfather's during WW2.

Ben

Attachments

• $photo (1).jpg
    $photo (1).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 38

I saw that one, had it on my watch list and was very, very tempted! Good luck with that and congratulations. Not only is it an interesting writing item, but the House of Representatives insciption made that doubly-cool. Glad it went to a B&B brother!

Legion

Staff member

you might want to start looking for a new nib. The nib on that one looks bent. They are not too hard to find, I don't think.

you might want to start looking for a new nib. The nib on that one looks bent. They are not too hard to find, I don't think.

At least there is some truth and goodness left on the 'bay!

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: Is the nib on the pen bent? Jan-31-13
A: Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Yes, the nib is bent, and neither I (nor my husband, who is the pen collector) noticed this. As it happens, my husband has a nib 2668 that is in good condition which I will include with this pen set. I hope this will correct the situation, and I apologize for the bent nib. Thanks for your interest. Kathy

At least there is some truth and goodness left on the 'bay!

A: Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Yes, the nib is bent, and neither I (nor my husband, who is the pen collector) noticed this. As it happens, my husband has a nib 2668 that is in good condition which I will include with this pen set. I hope this will correct the situation, and I apologize for the bent nib. Thanks for your interest. Kathy

As was previously mentioned, Esterbrook nibs, particularly the more common ones, are easy to find and relatively inexpensive.

I'm glad to see that you're dealing with a decent and respectable seller. To be honest, I've been dealing on eBay since almost the beginning, have completed thousands of transactions, and can probably count on one hand the number of participants (both buyers and sellers) that were less than honest or fair. But...and here's the big caveat...I research my trading partners very carefully before I ever lay down a bid. After a while, you can get a pretty good idea if the individual is good to deal with and can be trusted. Things I watch out for are sellers who have little or no feedback but are listing lots of high-value items at ridiculously low prices, sellers from certain countries (particularly Eastern European, but that's not an absolute disqualification), and sellers with less-than-stellar feedback profiles. You're always taking risks, but you can minimize the risk with a good degree of caution and a thorough review and investigation of a dealer's history.

Yeah. I was the one who observed the bent nib and asked the seller about it. She was very quick to volunteer to include a new nib and apologized for missing it. Assuming that everything arrives safely this week, she'll get a good feedback.

Nice! I've had one for a while. If it starts to dry up, you can put a few drops of water down the base and it will start right up again. Great desk pen.

Top Bottom