What's new

Essential Fountain / Rollerball pen

I have wanted to try a crs rolloerball for a bit now. What is the maintenance for swapping out the ink and taking care of the pen. I don't use my fountain pens much and have a bad habit of leaving them inked for long periods of time.

Just give it a good flush to clean all of the ink out. Suck up water with the converter, and push it out until the water is clean. If you pick up a bulb syringe, it makes it even easier!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Ah well . . . another thing Dave lead me to do. I'm a fine point guy but I want to try the broad italic nib.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Ah well . . . another thing Dave lead me to do. I'm a fine point guy but I want to try the broad italic nib.

I find myself attracted to both the fine nibs and the broad italic/stub/music/specialty nibs ... the ones with line variation and character. A big nib that is just a big nib is ... meh. But a big nib with character is something else altogether.

Man I got a fine nib lol now I'm kind of sorry I did all three of my new pens were fine, next pen will have to have an italic of some kind

Man I got a fine nib lol now I'm kind of sorry I did all three of my new pens were fine, next pen will have to have an italic of some kind

You can always order another one... I ordered a medium stub, and I am thinking of adding an italic... Not often that you can get custom ground nibs like this for no extra charge!

Just give it a good flush to clean all of the ink out. Suck up water with the converter, and push it out until the water is clean. If you pick up a bulb syringe, it makes it even easier!

Thanks for the info! Sounds easy enough - I'll give it a try

Hey gang. Just wanted to report that sales have been very good so far. I believe we've hit the 50 number, but should be able to have more made in this first run to accommodate a few more.

On the emails and PMs will be addressing those shortly with address and nib changes. These things are no problem at all to adjust.

Note: In our regular batch of orders over the weekend we've gotten 2 or 3 orders for the Model 27 in Solid Black Chrome. This isn't unusual, but wanted to alert anyone here if your auto confirmation says "solid black chrome" and you meant to order the B&B special edition, then let us know asap. What happened is you may have scouted around the site, and then visited the regular 27 page and inadvertently ordered the solid black regular edition version by mistake.

Addressing the question about using the CRS and how to clean it. We recommend to do it just like an FP nib, where if you know you are taking it out of the rotation, empty the ink and flush the section out with running tap water to keep ink from drying up in the feed. If you are like me and the pen ends up under something on the desk for two months before you rediscover it, it should flush out still, but may take a little effort. It is okay to remove the housing from the section and submerge it in water for a little while as the housing and feed are made of ABS plastic and won't swell up.

Cheers to all and keep them coming -

Scott F.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I find myself attracted to both the fine nibs and the broad italic/stub/music/specialty nibs ... the ones with line variation and character. A big nib that is just a big nib is ... meh. But a big nib with character is something else altogether.

Being a numbers guy I have been buying mostly fine points. I don't get to see the shading that the inks I use offer. I do write cards from time to time so I'm looking forward to the italic broad. (Hope my wife does not look over my shoulder and read that as Italian broad . . . Now I have to hide the cast iron pans . . I've seen her backhand . . . deadly)

Time to stay away from the threads comparing Cella to Sophia Loren! :a49:

Being a numbers guy I have been buying mostly fine points. I don't get to see the shading that the inks I use offer. I do write cards from time to time so I'm looking forward to the italic broad. (Hope my wife does not look over my shoulder and read that as Italian broad . . . Now I have to hide the cast iron pans . . I've seen her backhand . . . deadly)

Top Bottom