What's new

Esquire's Top Ten Men's Products

I pay $17 for Menscience deodorant its definitely worth the price.
Really?? What's the difference b/t that and Old Spice???
I used to subscribe to Esquire in the 1960s, maybe into the early 1970s. It was a great guide for a young man, it covered beer, liquor, manners, dressing for business, women, smoking, college, grooming, how to order wine, how to tip, restaurants, what makes a good shoe, how to get fitted for a suit; and all from a strong masculine voice

I never even pick it up anymore, and will not for sure now; the editorial staff must all be female, their list completely misses the mark for me. Its all too delicate, feminine, metrosexual

I wash my face and shampoo with whatever bath soap I am using, I shave with a brush and the puck of the day, a DE from rotation, splash on Dominica Bay Rum and I am good to go

Don't need their opinion,
ken

I wonder what they say about how to buy good shoe and get a good fitted suit. What your thoughts?

I wonder what they say about how to buy good shoe and get a good fitted suit. What your thoughts?

For shoes I go to Goodwill... just yesterday I got a pair of Johnston & Murphy Deerfield Tassel Moc-Toe Loafers in Burgandy for $5. They're not even broken in, gold logo still 100% on the insole. These are Italian J&Ms, not cheaper Mexican or Chinese... for $5! I've found similar deals on Bostonian, Florsheim, and Cole Hahn, but J&M seems to be the most common for some reason. It's always hit or miss what you'll find, but I find a great pair of shoes probably 10-20% of the time. I buy them up and put them back so when one pair wears out I can just pull out the next (though I'm currently without a black back-up pair).

For suits I head to a Korean tailor next to a large Korean super markets (one that used to carry Godrej shaving creme in their IndoPak section). Fine materials, 100% custom-tailored jackets and semi-custom pants. A basic suit goes for $120 + $15 for tailoring. I have also bought off-the-rack from TJ Maxx or Marshalls and taken to this guy (and his wife) for tailored fitting.

Top Bottom