What's new

Esox Moderator Interview

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Great interview. Enjoyed the humor!
Don't hate the dogs for barking. Hate the individuals that own them and allow them to bark. But then again, some dogs have more sense than their owners. :biggrin1:
Have to agree...YMMV is grossly over used.
Well, I suppose your mileage way vary very much in that regard....

Thanks for all you do for B and B my friend. Oops, and you too @Esox !

FarmerTan

In all honesty though, I dont use any aftershaves. Just a wipe with damp towel.
So THAT was that smell from the North!

Seriously, it wasn't that bad of a smell. Probably those dogs kicked in yer adrenal glands.

Seriously, again: this place would not be what it is without you. And that IS a compliment by the way. You are a gentleman AND a scholar. Or skoller....not sure how they spell it in Canadia my friend!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Well, I suppose your mileage way vary very much in that regard....

Don't you start...

So THAT was that smell from the North!

I said don't start! lol

Seriously, again: this place would not be what it is without you. And that IS a compliment by the way. You are a gentleman AND a scholar. Or skoller....not sure how they spell it in Canadia my friend!

Thanks Dave. I learned more from my parents and reading than I ever learned in school. Well, that and the School of Hard Knocks. I tend to learn things the hard way. Thats made me a quick study!

FarmerTan

Don't you start...

I said don't start! lol

Thanks Dave. I learned more from my parents and reading than I ever learned in school. Well, that and the School of Hard Knocks. I tend to learn things the hard way. Thats made me a quick study!
Amen. I choose the hard way. I probably have enough credits for a PhD in hard knocks.

But I never had to take a class over, lol!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
EbYlgo-XQAAaoXw.jpg
1642881146402.png
1642881239330.png

Wise how? Wise like a philosopher? Like I enlighten you? No really, wise how? Like I'm ridin' a camel to give frankincense to some little kid? You tell me, wise how??

'YMMV' has a place in regards to soaps or something, but thats a given. We wont all like the same scents or other things of a similar nature, but, when it comes to razor design and razor performance, as well as blade performance, its more a matter of physics. There is no room for 'YMMV' in physics, as virtually all of my posts in regard to blade rigidity are about the physics of an item.

I always disliked "YMMV" as a synonym for "you may prefer something else" or "you may have a different opinion". As a shorthand way of indicating that you may get objectively different results, it's fine.

How long will a puck of Tabac soap last? I get 8 months of daily shaving out of one ... you may get 7 months or 9 months or whatever ... your mileage is varying from mine. The way I shave, Feather blades may tear my face up something ugly and Derby blades are fantastic ... but for you, Derby gives a poor shave with stubble left over and Feather are BBS every time ... our mileages are varying.

I like the smell of Tabac and you don't ... that's not YMMV, that's different opinions.

IMHO.
Very well done.... Have the mods shown you the secret lake of Lilac Vegital?

Why do you think it is that all the Emeritii have vegetal-green badges?

1642881377019.png

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Wise how? Wise like a philosopher? Like I enlighten you? No really, wise how? Like I'm ridin' a camel to give frankincense to some little kid? You tell me, wise how??

you-really-are-a-funny-guy-memegenerator-net-you-really-are-50037557.png

I always disliked "YMMV" as a synonym for "you may prefer something else" or "you may have a different opinion". As a shorthand way of indicating that you may get objectively different results, it's fine.

How long will a puck of Tabac soap last? I get 8 months of daily shaving out of one ... you may get 7 months or 9 months or whatever ... your mileage is varying from mine. The way I shave, Feather blades may tear my face up something ugly and Derby blades are fantastic ... but for you, Derby gives a poor shave with stubble left over and Feather are BBS every time ... our mileages are varying.

I like the smell of Tabac and you don't ... that's not YMMV, that's different opinions.

That all falls under my filing system.

'YMMV' has a place in regards to soaps or something, but thats a given.

Also, since you mention both Derby Extra and Feather in the same sentence, both are equally good in my Grande on my face with my whiskers and my soaps.

Good interview.

Thanks.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
A little late to the party here. Great interview from a great member. Thanks for sharing some of yourself with us @Esox.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Great interview. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I remember my first day as a Mod. I slowly opened the door to the Mod Control Room and there was @Jim (the Goose in the flesh) sitting at a table that was off to my right in the corner of the room. He was smoking a cigar and reading a newspaper. He looked out from behind the paper and gave me a quick wave.

Off to my left, there was @ouch seated at a control panel feverishly turning knobs, spinning dials, flipping switches and pushing buttons all the while laughing like some possessed madcap scientist who was speaking in tongues.

As I moved slowly towards him, I peered over his shoulder and he turned suddenly as if I had startled him and he said:

“You must be Bob. Do you want a cuppa coffee?”

It was then I realized that he was just making a cup of coffee on the new Mod coffee-maker.

I knew then, I was in the right place.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

I remember my first day as a Mod. I slowly opened the door to the Mod Control Room and there was @Jim (the Goose in the flesh) sitting at a table that was off to my right in the corner of the room. He was smoking a cigar and reading a newspaper. He looked out from behind the paper and gave me a quick wave.

Off to my left, there was @ouch seated at a control panel feverishly turning knobs, spinning dials, flipping switches and pushing buttons all the while laughing like some possessed madcap scientist who was speaking in tongues.

As I moved slowly towards him, I peered over his shoulder and he turned suddenly as if I had startled him and he said:

“You must be Bob. Do you want a cuppa coffee?”

It was then I realized that he was just making a cup of coffee on the new Mod coffee-maker.

Thanks.

Jim is on a much deserved break and now we have the big furry one that hides in the shadows and only jumps out to hug Mods and Ambassadors at random, usually scaring the crap out of them. Then theres Mr.Super that does so much behind the scenes it boggles the mind and one more that, now that he's earned the Merit Award, does this lol.

the-simpsons-spin.gif

All the rest of us are just the support team, really, but always ready to go where need be and do what needs doing.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 08-48-37 maxresdefault jpg (JPEG Image, 1280 × 720 pixels).png

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Well, if you ask me what I would of wanted to hear from God when I get to Heaven, it would be "Oh man, not him again".

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

I remember my first day as a Mod. I slowly opened the door to the Mod Control Room and there was @Jim (the Goose in the flesh) sitting at a table that was off to my right in the corner of the room. He was wearing Clark's desert shoes, and polishing some Ravelo Chukas. He looked out from his deer bone and gave me a quick wave.

Off to my left, there was @ouch seated at a control panel feverishly applying Obenauf's LP to a pair of Gentleman Travellers, all the while laughing like some possessed madcap scientist who was speaking in tongues.

“You must be Bob. Do you want some renovateur?”

It was then I realized that he was buffing his Crockett and Jones wholecuts on the new Mod shoe buffer.

Let's face it, that's actually what it was like in your recollection.

and now we have the big furry one that hides in the shadows and only jumps out to hug Mods and Ambassadors at random, usually scaring the crap out of them.
1644191855248.png

Then theres Mr.Super that does so much behind the scenes it boggles the mind
1644191944140.png

and one more that, now that he's earned the Merit Award, does this lol.
1644191837575.png

All the rest of us are just the support team, really, but always ready to go where need be and do what needs doing.
1644191683559.png

Top Bottom