What's new

Eskimo Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interviews - Meet member Eskimo

16485.jpg

@Eskimo has been a member of Badger and Blade since February 12, 2009

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

In the early 2000's, I was turning pens and was approached by a gentleman who asked me to build a custom double edge razor. From there it was a small step to building shaving brushes, which allowed me to work with different materials and shapes. I sought out resources that could educate me in the wet shaving process and found Badger and Blade and was hooked.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I've been retired for several years after a 40 year career in the financial software and services industry.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born in Coronado, California and I love the fact that you can be surfing in the morning and skiing in the afternoon.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

As a military kid, I led a pretty nomadic lifestyle. I lived in Hawaii in the mid-sixties and it would be pretty hard to beat.

05. Do you have any hobbies or past times?

I play golf and the guitar. One better than the other, but I truly enjoy both.

06. What do you like best about being a member of Badger and blade?

The depth and breadth of knowledge (and opinions). It has certainly helped me navigate the industry as a vendor.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

Tough call. I would love to share a bottle of bourbon with Stephen Hawking and Robin Williams.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Play golf at Augusta National.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

My children, although that is certainly a shared accomplishment with my wife.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Moderation. It's good to visit the edge, but don't live there.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

The Vulcan Mind Meld would be pretty cool.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

An eagle.

13. What kind of music do you like?

My formative years were in the mid to late sixties, so I still gravitate back to Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Led Zepplin, as well as James Taylor, Simon and Garfunkle and Jim Croce.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Dustin Hoffman in Little Big Man.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

"Life in the Center Lane"

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Play golf at Augusta National.
@Eskimo ... curious if you have played St Andrews? Most golfers I know would have The Old Course at the top of their bucket list.

@Eskimo ... curious if you have played St Andrews? Most golfers I know would have The Old Course at the top of their bucket list.
But playing at St Andrews is much more doable… getting an invite to play Augusta would require some kind of connection!

Very nice reading your interview, thank you. I've admired your work for many years & look forward to contacting you in the near future.

Top Bottom