What's new

Escher/Thuringian love. show of your rocks

Seeing Drybonz "Coticule love" thread gave me the idea of starting a thread for Escher's and unlabeled Thuringians. If a thread like that already exists, I couldn't find it and am sorry. If not, here we go. I will start it off with my two Escher's. First is my Yellow/Green Escher with slurry stone in a very old Escher box. Second is my Dark Blue Escher. Post as many as you have.

Attachments

• $Yellow Green Escher 1.JPG
    $Yellow Green Escher 1.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,604
  • $Yellow Green Escher 2.JPG
    $Yellow Green Escher 2.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 1,640
  • $Yellow Green Escher 3.JPG
    $Yellow Green Escher 3.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 1,659
  • $Yellow Green Escher 4.JPG
    $Yellow Green Escher 4.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 1,654
  • $Yellow Green Escher 5.JPG
    $Yellow Green Escher 5.JPG
    253 KB · Views: 1,609
Well here is my humble contribution! :) It's a little Celebrated Water Hone which, as I understand it, was manufactured by Escher. Now I know that it's not the Yellow Label one with the chalice, but I have to believe that it's made by the same manufacturer as it's almost identical in every way (wording & all) to the one with the chalice/Escher logo. What do you think??

ps-It's a joy to use!!
$20121115_122754.jpg$20121115_122828.jpg$20121115_133409.jpg$20121115_122839.jpg

Nice rock! The wording is very similar to my Dark Blue, so I would call it an Escher. There are quite a few variations of Escher labels. It's cool that you have the wood box too.

Nice rock! The wording is very similar to my Dark Blue, so I would call it an Escher. There are quite a few variations of Escher labels. It's cool that you have the wood box too.

Yeah I was VERY excited at the condition it was in when I received it!! Some may say it's not an Escher as it doesn't have to logo, but I say it is...unless some other company copied your label word-for-word (which I seriously doubt)...Either way it's really fun to use!! EDIT: Your stones are REALLY nice too!!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Yeah I was VERY excited at the condition it was in when I received it!! Some may say it's not an Escher as it doesn't have to logo, but I say it is...unless some other company copied your label word-for-word (which I seriously doubt)...Either way it's really fun to use!! EDIT: Your stones are REALLY nice too!!:thumbup:

To my knowledge, the stones that say Barber's Delight, The Celebrated Water Hone, and S.R. Droescher were all made by Escher. My Dark Blue says E. & Co. on both labels. So yours is an Escher too. Thank you for the compliment.

$stones 079.jpg$stones 084.jpgMy Barbers Delight, sorry no pix but it is a labeled stone but only the box top. I have to figure out where to get a matching bottom for the box. Also unpictured but the Y/G end label is still present and sealed. Fantastic finisher!!

That was a few months ago all of them are gone now except the 6x1 Escher. Yours is in there Matt if you look closely, 4th from the bottom if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom