What's new

Escher/Thuringian love. show of your rocks

Thank you for sharing, that is interesting history

youre welcome, here is another Catalogue extract from Paul Heerlig, Leipzig. This one shows a wider range of the Eagle brand stones

proxy.php

proxy.php

It has been a while since I purchased a home and haven't had a thuri until I came across this one at an antique store this weekend. At least I think it's a thuri. 5 7/8 x 1 1/8 x 5/8. What would you think?
IMG_20191022_152641733.jpg
IMG_20191022_152646654.jpg
IMG_20191022_153621909.jpg

Thanks,
I wasn't sure as I had never held one, but "looks like a duck, acts like a duck..." Just finished with the inaugural shave. Better than 90% of my Coti edges and on par with my SB Arkansas edges. Happy with my first attempt and with my acquisition. I felt a little guilty about getting it for$10, but it was my birthday, so I got over it quickly.

I rehoned one of my favorite razors with the "new" thuri. I understand what all the fuss over these hones is about now. Outstanding edge.

When I saw this one I had to have it. BG Escher stamped "Gold Medal" on the face of the stone. I don't think it gets any more NOS than this:) Came in a wooden box.
fullsizeoutput_1a8b.jpeg
IMG_3967.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1a8e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1a94.jpeg

Got a new Thurigan Yellow/Green (finisher) yesterday
proxy.php

Just did a refresh of the edge off my one of my razors and it's nice stone I think. It's an odd shape so it was bit trying to figure out to cover the whole bevel on the stone, but I think I made it work for myself. Tomorrow shave test.

finally found a leballed light green Escher. Only partial label on the top of the stone but side labels are intact. Started lapping it.

IMG_4027.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1ab5.jpeg
IMG_4029.JPG
IMG_4030.JPG

Great stone there. Looks barely used.

Shadowman, I take it you got that stone from Peter? You probably need to adjust your camera settings, that's showing as almost black.

Great stone there. Looks barely used.

Shadowman, I take it you got that stone from Peter? You probably need to adjust your camera settings, that's showing as almost black.
Who is Peter? I bought it from someone else on forum-der-rasur.de forum

I did some photo editing with Snapseed, maybe I shouldn't have done that[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Goes by hatzicho or something like that on forums. Has permission to root around the old mines. Sells bouts like that of Thuringian stone.

Top Bottom