What's new

Escher/Thuringian love. show of your rocks

I think what I'm looking at is this part of the flourish around this era End label:

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 31
  • escher-end-label-1-2_med_hr.jpeg
    escher-end-label-1-2_med_hr.jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4250.JPG
    IMG_4250.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 31
Here it is with some siblings. It's the 10" nearest the sink, next to it is a 10" Light Green, Directly above is a 7" two-tone, and above that is a 7" YG.

Attachments

• IMG_4256.JPG
    IMG_4256.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
That’s a very nice thuri. If I had that I would stop buying them.

That's kinda what I said to myself I'd do when I got my 10x2" two-tone, but I said that when I got my first Fully labeled 10x2" and my first 10x2" YG, and My first 10x2" LG, And my first 10x2", and my first barbers delight, and my first 7" two tone, and my first labeled escher, and my first fuchs hone.

At this point, I think maybe that 14"+ Arm-sized slab that got posted a decade ago may satisfy me.

Alex, Nice stone, are the chamfers original or did you need to take some chipping off the edges?

All original. Have not touched it, chamfered it.
Solid color. Has the blue green label on the side. Unfortunately the original rubbing stone is missing.

Hard to tell Escher colors unless they're obvious without natural light. I'd lean to Blue-green from those pics, but could be a light green, yellow green or even a very light dark blue. Take some wet and dry pics next chance you get in daylight.

Slurry stone looks dark blue/blue green two-tone in these pics.

Yeah my money would be on blue green. Interesting that yours also has a mismatched slurry stone. I have seen SRD doing that, I don't recall seeing any Eschers with mismatched stone.
What's your experience with that Slice?

I've only owned one or two SRD boxes since I prefer long skinny over short fat stones for using; they never made a big part of my collection. I've seen a number of mismatched slurry stones online but always suspected it possible one or both were unoriginal to the set/box. I have gotten ambicuts with mismatched slurry stones that I'm confident were original, so I can't say definitively one way or the other.

Eschers I've had and seen the 10+5" sets with mismatched stones, but I suspect most of those were built aftermarket (buy a 10" and buy a 5" and build that hospital set that cost a premium)... so not Escher's doing.

Of my Eschers that came with slurry stones (basically Barbers Delights and Barbers Choices), I think the slurry always matched when it wasn't missing.

I may have forgotten, but I don't think I've ever owned one of the longer 7-10" stones with slurry in box that you see on occasion... but the pictures I've seen those slurries always matched too.

The boxed Droescher I had was matched color wise, but not from the same stone. The main stone was a beautiful layered stone and the slurry stone did not show those sideways layers. My guess is they used more of the scrap stone to make slurry stones and if they could get a good match color wise that is what they did. Most of the mismatched I would think happened after original sale, but there maybe a few that just got what was left.

Droescher.jpg

Top Bottom