What's new

Erskine 4267 & Maggard Finest

IMG_6636.JPG

IMG_6635.JPG

Trying to curb my tendency for excess, I've gotten pretty selective about my restorations. But I do have a soft spot for Erskine brushes, so when I came across this one in excellent condition ... well, let's just say that the shelf is now a little more crowded. I set this one with a new (to me) 22mm finest knot from Maggard, and I like it very much. After a couple of test runs, I found this knot to have very substantial backbone, so I set it at a higher-than-usual (again, for me) loft of 53mm. Performance so far is excellent. I think this knot is quite comparable to my favorite TGN finest; perhaps not quite as soft, but with a little more backbone. It is a few bucks less than the TGN, and shipping time and service from the good folks at Maggard's was as always stellar. Nice to have another domestic supplier of knots in the game.

The handle polished up very nicely and I really like the slightly off-red color. BTW, the lettering is original, no restoration required.

Thanks all for the kind words gents. I really am trying to dial back on my restoration habit, but every once in awhile one of these handles calls to me ...
Thanks again guys.

One more bump here for the Maggard Finest knot. I've been using this brush pretty much exclusively for the past couple of weeks and it has proven itself to be a very fine knot indeed. Performance is outstanding, right on par with the TGN finest, which is high praise on my scale. A very solid choice for your handle building and restore projects: well priced and great service from the folks at Maggard. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

One more bump here for the Maggard Finest knot. I've been using this brush pretty much exclusively for the past couple of weeks and it has proven itself to be a very fine knot indeed. Performance is outstanding, right on par with the TGN finest, which is high praise on my scale. A very solid choice for your handle building and restore projects: well priced and great service from the folks at Maggard. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

:thumbsup:

I have to agree. Excellent work!

Also great knots coming from Maggard Razors. I just got two more in different sizes, four total since they became available. Really well rounded finest knots.

Top Bottom