What's new

ERN / Herm Konejung / John Heiffor

Newbie so forgive the ignorance!

I've recently acquired the following straights :

One ERN with the Eagle and snake, stamped 2001 and inscribed on one side of the blade with what looks like "The new shape" in a fancy calligraphy style.

One BROSEN (?) Herm Konejung Solingen, stamped 1784, 8/9 and what looks like a pair of specs around the section between the blade and handle.
It also has the word BROSEN engraved into the blade within some ornate engraving of flowers.

A twin set of Heiffor blades in a Moroccan, leather case, which has the words "Army Razors, made only by John Heiffor" with what looks like a Royal crest, inside the lid.
Blade tops are stamped with the Heiffor name, Paradise Square, Sheffield and "Made for the Army"

Just after some info about them, please.

Ta.

Pics re my thread.
IMG_2503.JPG
IMG_2502.JPG
IMG_2508.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I really can't tell much from the photos. More pictures would help.

ATOR | ERN | Wald:480:6-12-19.JPG

I have an ERN | ATOR | Wald razor; just one ERN but mine's a dandy.

ERN | ATOR | Wald.backside.6-12-19.480JPG.JPG

All sharpened up, it's one of my very favorite razors. Great edge on it now, but it took me some time to get it to that point. I'm not at all sure exactly what "ERN" on a razor means. It seems obvious to me that there are ERN razors much different from mine, perhaps made by other companies, perhaps made by one company but sold under various names.

8-8-19.ERN.Kit.WinnerEdge.640.JPG

In other words, I'm hoping to learn something from your inquiry and encouraging more photos. Not only do we like pictures, but they really help anyone trying to help you figure this out.

Congratulation on the razors.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Looks a beauty!

What other pics would help?

Cheers.

Just a bunch of different views of the razors you have questions about would help gentlemen who might be able to help with your questions about the razors.

Just looking around you'll find millions of razor photos to emulate.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom