What's new

ERN 1910 help

I bought this razor for 60 bucks on ebay. I'm curious if that was a good price. To me how beautiful the razor is I would have paid way more. I fell in love with this razor as soon as I saw it. I apologize if I'm not allowed to ask if what I paid was a good price. I have seen you guys cannot give an estimate price of what a blade is worth. I was also curious if anyone knows any info about the razor. I cannot find anything about it. From the crown and sword logo and the info I have seen here I think it was made in the 30s but I'm not positive. So any info would be greatly appreciated.
20190321_140505.jpg
20190321_140549.jpg
20190321_140542.jpg
20190321_140558.jpg

Its amazing what you can find on ebay and for what price if you know what your looking for and research a little before you buy. I always research brand vs age vs shaveability and reviews on a brand and type of razor before I pull the trigger.

These have been all ebay finds and Im quite happy with:

F42BC593-60C9-4807-8B0A-956F14BAB73B.jpeg

I got lucky. I didnt know anything about straight razors when I bought that. I didnt know the brand or anything. I just loved the etching in the blade and fell in love with it. I didnt even know that was gold on the spine and blade I thought it was brass or something like that.

I'm pretty sure you will have to hone out that nasty frown, but nothing else appears obviously wrong. It should be a decent shaver, as most Erns are, once fixed up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I sent it to razor emporium and had it honed. To me it shaves great but I have only this razor and an AP donovan to judge by

I need more razors to truly know how good it shaves. I just dont have money right now. Been on disability after having 6 major surgeries over the last year and a half.

Post honing. It looks off just in the pics. The edge is perfect at least to me. What are you guys seeing.

Post honing. It looks off just in the pics. The edge is perfect at least to me. What are you guys seeing.
It might just be the pictures but it looks to me like the center of the blade is more warn than the toe and heel. I am on my phone though, do again maybe just an optical illusion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I think its the fabric he used as a background slightly bulged near the edge of the blade thats throwing everyone off.

Larry

Yea I just threw the blade on my bed. The edge is straight. I will take another pic on a different surface so you can see.

I saw that site. That's why I'm guessing its from the thirties. That's really what I'm hoping to find out is about when it was made.

I saw that site. That's why I'm guessing its from the thirties. That's really what I'm hoping to find out is about when it was made.

Yeah that's where the problem starts, as they dont put dates on straights so its just a wild shot in the dark so to speak...

Top Bottom