What's new

Erasmic Cream Has the Best Warning Ever

Was shopping at Winners (Canadian Marshall's store) and came across a tube of Erasmic cream and noticed that they had a warning sticker "Warning: Not for use on children under 3." I'm glad they cleared that up! Although, not exactly sure why it's ok to shave a 3 year old...:shaving::lol1:

That warning wouldn't be required on the stick.
By the time you have worked a lather out of it the child would have grown up!

Dreadful stuff.

That warning wouldn't be required on the stick.
By the time you have worked a lather out of it the child would have grown up!

Dreadful stuff.

I shouldn't have been drinking coffee while reading this! :lol: I'm not sure about the stick, but I've heard it's not very good. They had the puck there, and I passed on it for now, but it looked like a fairly typical glycerin M&P so I imagine it would work fairly well.

Erasmic cream used to be the best, then they reformulated it and it's not even a shadow of its former self, it's a completely different product. Supposedly the original formulation is available in Jordan, but if so no one seems to be able to stock it. Don't fall for the "Jordanian" Erasmic sold on Amazon, it's the UK production.

The puck is pretty good. The stick is pretty lousy.

Erasmic cream used to be the best, then they reformulated it and it's not even a shadow of its former self, it's a completely different product. Supposedly the original formulation is available in Jordan, but if so no one seems to be able to stock it. Don't fall for the "Jordanian" Erasmic sold on Amazon, it's the UK production.

The puck is pretty good. The stick is pretty lousy.

I'll try the puck, the cream seems pretty good and claims to be the old formula, I'll post it later but it's a pretty simple list. I'll definitely avoid the stick!

Ive two erasmic sticks . One I reckon is late 60's the other mid 70's. The lather is so creamy and slick its hard to believe the chalk stick they produce now is related.

The Erasmic puck isn't difficult to lather, at least not with a synthetic, and it actually performs well and on par with other hard soaps. (It's a hard soap, probably triple-milled, it's really quite hard).

Their stick, which I grabbed with the puck a couple years for like $4-$5 total, is a real PITA to lather. Rubbing it onto your face doesn't get much soap off the stick, you can't really cut a thin slice to press into a bowl, as it crumbles and breaks a part if you try, and using the brush off the stick takes forever to load up the brush. - Maybe the next time I feel like fighting with it, I'll just soak the stick in a cup of hot water while I shower.

Haven't tried their cream, as I only have the puck and stick forms of Erasmic. Originally the stick was to be my travel soap, but I find it a lot easier to squirt a bit of Proraso Green (or Red) into a small container. To shave, I just rub a little onto my face with my fingers, then face lather with a small synthetic travel brush.

Wonder if the warning is so kids don't lick or eat the darn thing....of course when I was a kid, putting soap in my mouth was an unwanted punishment. I can't see any kid wanting to eat a stick of soap, but who knows, when high-school/college kids take the Tide Challenge. (Probably be huffing bleach next year).

The Erasmic puck isn't difficult to lather, at least not with a synthetic, and it actually performs well and on par with other hard soaps. (It's a hard soap, probably triple-milled, it's really quite hard).

Their stick, which I grabbed with the puck a couple years for like $4-$5 total, is a real PITA to lather. Rubbing it onto your face doesn't get much soap off the stick, you can't really cut a thin slice to press into a bowl, as it crumbles and breaks a part if you try, and using the brush off the stick takes forever to load up the brush. - Maybe the next time I feel like fighting with it, I'll just soak the stick in a cup of hot water while I shower.

Haven't tried their cream, as I only have the puck and stick forms of Erasmic. Originally the stick was to be my travel soap, but I find it a lot easier to squirt a bit of Proraso Green (or Red) into a small container. To shave, I just rub a little onto my face with my fingers, then face lather with a small synthetic travel brush.

Wonder if the warning is so kids don't lick or eat the darn thing....of course when I was a kid, putting soap in my mouth was an unwanted punishment. I can't see any kid wanting to eat a stick of soap, but who knows, when high-school/college kids take the Tide Challenge. (Probably be huffing bleach next year).

I wasn't able to take a peek at the puck in the store but the ingredients seem to indicate that it was a glycerin based soap so I figured it would work fine, but I wasn't looking for another glycerin soap.

LOL yeah I preferred Ivory over Zest, that's for sure! I'm not sure if the warning is simply about ingestion, but it's possible. I just find it funny since it's not a hand lotion nor a cleansing soap so there should be no reason to use it on a child at all. I wonder if this is one of those crazy US law suit inspired warnings like the warning on a ladder not to eat it. :001_rolle

Top Bottom