What's new

Epsilon Bronze Razor?

I came across a razor I haven't seen before and don't find mentioned here on B&B: The Epsilon Bronze:

1604063573566.png

Anyone familiar with it? I love bronze as a metal and if this is actually made of solid bronze, I'd snap it up for the reasonable cost of about $20. But I think there's a good chance that it's just a bronze color (anodizing or colored chrome) atop some other base metal. Does anyone know what it's actually made of? I'm finding Epsilon as a brand of aftershaves and accessories, but the above link is the only site I find selling their hardware.

I am not famiilar with that razor but they are made from zinc alloy in various finishes and handles. All made in China from what I can tell. Gift and Care have a range of their products which come from a distribution company.

Thanks! After posting I continued to research it more and found what I'm pretty sure is the same razor, under a different brand, on the big river site. There they specify it's a zamac head and a brass handle. One of the reviews cites a blade alignment issue, which isn't a fatal flaw for me, but does temper my enthusiasm.

Still, I might pick one up as the brass handle looks decent, and even if the head is meh, I could use the handle elsewhere.

This is an Yintal Brass razor from AliExpress for around $12. For its a very smooth and efficient razor. It also sold as Maggard V3 head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! After posting I continued to research it more and found what I'm pretty sure is the same razor, under a different brand, on the big river site. There they specify it's a zamac head and a brass handle. One of the reviews cites a blade alignment issue, which isn't a fatal flaw for me, but does temper my enthusiasm.

Still, I might pick one up as the brass handle looks decent, and even if the head is meh, I could use the handle elsewhere.
That razor is also sold on aliexpress as a Yintal brand. It comes in a bronze finish, also a matte silver and a bright silver finish. The handle has been dissected here, it is solid brass. The head is made from zamak, like a more aggressive version of the Edwin Jagger DE89 head.

Search here on B&B for "Yintal bronze" and you should find some comments on it.

This looks very similar to a razor readily available on aliexpress. I bought one a few years ago. The head and base plate appear to be zamac, the handle is either brass or bronze. Mine did not have a blade alignment issue, but there are rumours that some do.

The razor is heavy enough. Some people have cut down the handle to make it lighter. I like the weight, ymmv.

When I use a de for a change, this would be the one I reach for more often than not.

Top Bottom