What's new

EO drops in a cream?

it’s definitely an unorthodox question but has anyone ever added essential oil into a cream? I have a tub of T&H Ultimate Comfort but the scent bores me, although the performance is second to none for me. I wanted to add some Eucalyptus essential oil into the 40% left or so that I had. Does anyone know roughly a good starting point of how many drops I’d put into it and can adjust from there ? I know to obviously that it’s best to put less and adjust from there than go over board. I hope this is the right section of the forum to ask?!?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am not sure, I suppose you could do a test lather in a bowl to judge if you would like the smell of the modded cream. If you like it then yeah, why not. At least then you can use the rest of the cream up and enjoy it. I have never really thought about it until you mentioned it.

When I doctored unscented AOS cream, I added one drop to the scuttle. It was more than enough to scent that morning’s lather. Sometimes I added a drop each of mint and rosemary and lavender. Definitely makes the shave more interesting, and there are many options.

+1 for adding a few drops to scuttle or bowl
If you grow bored of scent it’s easy to change it
If scent profile was horrible it only one shave’s worth wasted.
The same also works for soaps.
My cheap puck/soap now has many faces!

I've added about 10 drops of tea tree, 10 drops of eucalyptus and 15 drops of peppermint EO to a 125ml tube of vi-john.

Emptied the tube into a container and mixed up the oils using the end of a toothbrush.

It makes the cream a little bit runny, so I just store the cream in a refrigerator to harden it.

Top Bottom