What's new

Envy white vs Elite razor 2 band knots

I've seen some older threads on this question, but would appreciate a comparison of the more recently available versions of these knots. Thanks!

Have recent samples of Elite Manchurian in Fan, Envy White in Bulb and Fan. The objective was to learn about 2 Band. Do not have an Elite Finest, probably my next 2 Band trial or a Maggards.

The Elite Manchurian while having soft tips has a decidedly scrubbier face feel. The Envy's while having plenty of backbone are softer on the face. Each mounted at similar and low-ish lofts.

I know. This is the kind of the opposite of what I was expecting based on my research. Maybe the low loft is a factor?

Last edited:
My Elite Manchurian, which I bought about six months ago, is one of my favourite knots. It's a 24mm fan set at a loft of about 50mm, and I don't find it scrubby at all. In fact it's luxuriously soft, but with plenty of backbone for satisfying face lathering. I wouldn't want to set it any lower than it is.

I've yet to try an elite knot but I hear good things. Lately I've been in love with the new declaration b4. Dense cloudy goodness lol

I had 26mm Envy White and Elite Manchurian White bulb knots set to a loft of 50mm. The Elite Manchurian White is more dense and softer. The Manchurian White is an exceptional knot which is comparable in quality to any of the best knots from the big names in brushes.

Last edited:
I had 26mm Envy White and Elite Manchurian White bulb knots set to a loft of 50mm. The Elite Manchurian White is more dense and softer. The Manchurian White is an exceptional knot which is comparable in quality to any of the best knots from the big names in brushes.

Ricardo -So, the Elite is denser with softer tips. Would you still describe the Envy as having good density and backbone? Is it a bit more scrubby, maybe with a little skritch? Thanks

Ricardo -So, the Elite is denser with softer tips. Would you still describe the Envy as having good density and backbone? Is it a bit more scrubby, maybe with a little skritch? Thanks
The density and backbone of the Envy White are good. Mine definitely has some scritch. Both knots offer scrub, but the Elite Manchurian White provides that scrub without scritch. By the way, the Manchurian White knots are so dense that you'll need a socket at least 2mm larger than the knot diameter, and possibly even larger.

Last edited:
I am not favor of Envy White.
not dense, not soft, for me it does not have enough backbone.
I am happy with Elite Manchurian.

Top Bottom