What's new

Enough Blades

I have about 600 blades, however I only buy tucks, so I have almost 100 different types of blades, I was intending to try one of each and pick a favorite, unfortunately or fortunately, it is going to take me almost 3 years to try them all, then a further 16 years to use up the remainder.
I have resolved to just keep the ones I like and donate the remainder of the tucks I dont love to this site.
My problem is that I have found about 70 more blade types I want to try and I may be dead before I find my final blade :(

I am at the 1,000+ mark in blades and will definitely be thinning the den out soon! Mainly I have Nacets, GSBs, Voskhods - soon to be posted on the B/S/T forum! But, I will retain at least 200 blades.

When i get close to zero i'll place an order for some tucks of a variety of brands, how many, maybe a year's worth but have no reason to purchase very many.
dave

Good strategy, however....What happens if/when the shavepocalypse occurs? No razor blades = beard.

I have about 600 blades, however I only buy tucks, so I have almost 100 different types of blades, I was intending to try one of each and pick a favorite, unfortunately or fortunately, it is going to take me almost 3 years to try them all, then a further 16 years to use up the remainder.
I have resolved to just keep the ones I like and donate the remainder of the tucks I dont love to this site.
My problem is that I have found about 70 more blade types I want to try and I may be dead before I find my final blade :(
If you use each blade thrice it'll just take less than a year to try each one once.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I currently have over 400 blades, and expect to use around one per fortnight if I use them daily. However, I don't use them daily, as I do miss shaves, and I also use hollow ground resharpenable blades in the form of straight and SE. I've also been known to sport a full beard at times too. So being in my mid 40s, I don't know if I'll ever work through 400+ blades, but I also want to maintain stock of some favourites as I discover them.

Today I ordered 25 each of two different blade types, so I could keep some in my stock, without taking the overall quantity to stupid levels. I think ordering a few pucks rather than a few hundred on ones I try and like, is a far more sensible approach.

Mid 40's and contemplating whether we will live long enough to use up our huge cache of razor blades... Same. Are you a fellow Brother (BOSC)?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Mid 40's and contemplating whether we will live long enough to use up our huge cache of razor blades... Same. Are you a fellow Brother (BOSC)?

No, I'm not one of the crazy gang. @Cal keeps trying to recruit me, but I'm still desperately clinging to the fading hope of being one of the sane ones :D

I only have that many blades due to pouncing on a couple of ridiculous bargains (I got 300 of them for less than £10 total including shipping), and the generosity of members here on the forums. I'm still quite minimalist really, and seem to be immune to most of the acquisition disorders.

No, I'm not one of the crazy gang. @Cal keeps trying to recruit me, but I'm still desperately clinging to the fading hope of being one of the sane ones :D
:hand: My goodness Al, no pressure from me. :a2:
I'm still quite minimalist really, and seem to be immune to most of the acquisition disorders.
We do have BOSC members who are minimalists. The definition of Category 3 members is "Those for whom the hobby has become an OBSESSION."

Just sayin'. :wink2:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
:hand: My goodness Al, no pressure from me. :a2:

We do have BOSC members who are minimalists. The definition of Category 3 members is "Those for whom the hobby has become an OBSESSION."

Just sayin'. :wink2:

So you keep telling me :lol:

I'm not there yet :D

I know my recent lapse in daily shaving was health related, but I was surprised how easily I let it go, and how lacklustre I felt about it before I had my first proper shave again. I think the forum keeps me interested in shaving, as much as the shaving keeps me coming back here. It seems I'm so far from obsessed, that some days I might not even bother if it wasn't for you guys :a17:

So thanks to everyone here for keeping my interest and enthusiasm alive :punk:

... and I still haven't taken my Rolls and Darwin blades back to the stones, like I promised myself I would a few months ago :001_rolle

Just counted mine I have 1100
That should last me till I’m 70. Probably PIF some
I have over 2000 and I still want to get 100 nacent.....100 gillette yellows.....100 tumors and that folks is it!My favorite blades now are Sharp Stars....Lord Super Stainless....Parkers........Honorable mentions.....Dorc o primes and German Wilkinsons.But they all are good with good prepping.I formed a Zorrik platinum and got a good shave so........

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Coupled with some 100 plus vintage and modern razors - I guess the entire neighborhood's third generation might have some fun !
proxy.php

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
God bless you!

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Not only that I am not buying anything new, but I started to get rid of the excess stuff that it's been sitting in my drawers for a few years now.

Todays inventory;
Nacet - one tuck
GSB - one blade
Yellow 7 o'clock - 4 blades
Polsilver - 2 blades

Today's shave was #45 with a Polsilver so looks like i won't need to order for a number of months yet.

There are two tucks of Voskhods i'll keep for the cool art work but they aren't anywhere near the above group in shave quality, very poor performer for me, my only ever 100 blade purchase.
dave

Lol, I have over 2000 blades, and just got 84 more today (7 O'Clock Blacks from India). I don't need to buy any more, I will certainly not live long enough to use them up.

I've gotten close to 800 blades but if a super nacet (equavilent to nacet platinum) lasts a month I'm predicting that the bulk of my razors which are the stainless nacets will be still around even after I'm gone lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom