What's new

Enough Blades

I have more than enough, but I still enjoy trying blade options (and a very cost-effective hobby it is)!! :a29::a29:

I have about 50 blades at max from several different brands. So far I can manage to get 2 weeks from each of them and I don't push more even if some brands can give me more than 2 weeks. I use Fatip razors.

I am yet to decide which I like the most so I can order a 100 pack. Still trying...

I also find Nacets "prickly". I am glad I'm not the only one! Gillette silver blues are somewhat like that too. I wonder what that is?
I don't get that sensation from GSB, but do from Nacet. I'm wondering if it might be the "stainless" moniker? I'm thinking it might have less coatings than my other blades which are labeled "platinum". It feels to me like the blade rides on my face without much coatings between it and my skin, and that's what causes the sensation.

Yellows don't have that feeling at all. And I'm now interested in trying an Astra Stainless, and seeing if I get the same sensation.

Over the last 2 months I bought 100 Astra sp and 100 Gillette platinum. I wonder how long they'll last me.

I use the Astra in my Gillette flare tip and the Gillette in my merkur 37C. 3 or 4 shaves each time.

Yeah, even though I started this thread I’ll admit that I still toy with the idea of trying more blades for the first time. BAD perhaps.... a confession. Years ago I had samples of Feathers but found them slightly irritating but of course wonderfully sharp. My technique wasn’t as good then so it was probably not the blades fault. But I’ve no real desire to buy those in bulk... One brand that intrigues me is Voskhod. I’ve read that they’re not very sharp but extremely smooth. I enjoy blades like that. The Rapiras I have shave like that. Same factory... in Moscow. Last bulk order of 100 blades I purchased were the 7 o’clock Yellows. Cost me just under 20 bucks thru Amazon. Like others have stated, they are fantastic blades. Quite sharp, good longevity. A top tier product. Funny though, my most numerous and probably best blades are the Med preps. Haven’t used one for awhile coz I’ve been playing around with these Russian made ones. Putin’s steel!

In my 70's, shave every 2-3 days, only use a blade twice and still have enough for 10 years. When I reach 80, I'll decide if it's time to restock. :001_rolle

I have atleast a 1000 Gillette sp blacks , a 1000 Gillette India Chinese wilkies, 500 of the green gillette India permasharps, 300-400 feathers and atleast 50-100 each of most modern blades like polsilvers, nacets, GSBs, Gillette yellows , sharks and so many more. Not to mention some 500 gem ptfe and another 300 schick proline p20s and schick injector blades
I think I'll stop now :)

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I have atleast a 1000 Gillette sp blacks , a 1000 Gillette India Chinese wilkies, 500 of the green gillette India permasharps, 300-400 feathers and atleast 50-100 each of most modern blades like polsilvers, nacets, GSBs, Gillette yellows , sharks and so many more. Not to mention some 500 gem ptfe and another 300 schick proline p20s and schick injector blades

Your grandchildren will be grateful for this nice inheritance.

Your grandchildren will be grateful for this nice inheritance.
Coupled with some 100 plus vintage and modern razors - I guess the entire neighborhood's third generation might have some fun !
proxy.php

What do you think of the Gillette India Chinese Wilkies? I just did a second review of the Indian Gillette Wilkies and was pleasantly surprised. I think that they might be the best of the "German" style Wilkinson blades. Maybe India has corrected the initial sharpness problems with Wilkinson Sword blades?

MM879

What do you think of the Gillette India Chinese Wilkies? I just did a second review of the Indian Gillette Wilkies and was pleasantly surprised. I think that they might be the best of the "German" style Wilkinson blades. Maybe India has corrected the initial sharpness problems with Wilkinson Sword blades?

MM879
I find them pretty smooth - the new ones made out of china..the earlier ones made in India were pretty rough to my face

I have somewhere over 1200-1300. Some Shark SC, some Astra SP, Feathers (only for my ASD2 and Feather Portable) and Pre-2016 Derby Extras. I'm not a blade fanatic and found that Derbys worked as well for me as anything so I ordered 1000 of them for around $70. Seven cents a blade and I can easily use them at least 4-5 times so, pretty economical. At age 58, I no longer order any blades as I have enough to outlive me.

Dorco's are OK -- the ST301 is a good middle of the road blade and the Prime is almost as good as a Polsilver for me.

Top Bottom