What's new

English vintage razors

Hello, I have some vintage English razors, link to one of them is shown above. Also has a Gillette England patent. I am also interested in their varieties. Now at the auction, I have placed a bid on a miniature female Laurel with a miniature blade. Please name the models and brands of razors from which you can make a collection of British razors.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
This thread from my friend Peter (@Northstonehill ) will provide a good start for you.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
There are a lot of English razor brands, just off the top of my head - W.J. Myatt of Birmingham who made the Daymark amongst others, Darwin - very desiarable and expensive, Eclipse by James Neil of Sheffield, Velvet by Joseph Potter of Birmingham, 7 o'clock I think was an English maker before they were acquired by Gillette. There are many more, the Waits Safety Razor Compendium would probably be a good place to start.

R

romsitsa

Almost all big companies were present in England, then there were/are Wardonia, James Neil (Eclipse), Darwin, Wilkinson, Edwin Jagger, Joseph Porter (Velvet), Myatt, Wilde&Harte, Clemak, FC Cartledge (Knock Out) and many more. Not counting straight razor manufacturers of Sheffield.

I bought such a razor despite the shabby condition. It is very similar to miniature women's, but for standard DE blades. Can anyone tell me what year it was made?

Attachments

• 20220722_181758.jpg
    20220722_181758.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 20220722_181808.jpg
    20220722_181808.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 20220722_181834.jpg
    20220722_181834.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
Top Bottom