What's new

English Leather!

Popped this at Walmart last month when visiting the U.S.
I had no way of sampling it as it was factory sealed. I'm not to gone on it but at $8 it didn't break the bank!
The scent is kinda 70s and would probably scare off the modern woman, provoking thoughts of axe murdering psycho at one whiff! :) Just kidding, well kinda!
The wooden cap is hilarious and pretty seriously macho!
$IMG_3595.JPG
English Leather! Giddy up, y'all!

I have read that the English Leather Black is the one to try... modernized and lighter I believe, but no where to be found.

In the 80s, they had a full line in that style bottle.
My everyday was "Wind Drift"... milk-white bottle with that shape cap made from cork.

English Leather is part of my first string rotation. And it's a 60's sensation. I would know!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 173
The topnotes and first phase of the development are pretty roungh. It's okay in the drydown, though.

I find it strangely comforting. Not very sophisticated, but that's kind of the point. You might like Pierre Cardin PM if you like EL.

Scored the bad boy 2 weeks ago and love it. Citrus, maybe dried oranges? Rich scent.

I believe this one is 1970 +- a few.

$IMG_1062.jpg

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Good stuff, it was my only aftershave from 1964 to 1969, lost the bottle at woodstock, hope it helped somebody

Myy stepfather always wore English Leather Limes when I was a kid in the 70's. I;ve always been very fond of that scent, it's the reason that I'm still enamored of lime colognes.

I got a small bottle of English Leather Black in a sampler at Christmas time. I believe it contained Canoe, EL, EL black and some others. I don't wear it a lot, but my wife seems to like it. Been wearing original EL lately, and I mixed a small batch with some lime essential oil as well. I haven't got that mix just right yet, but I am trying it anyway!

My wife gave me a gift set for Christmas that came with two small bottles of cologne and a larger bottle of "cologne splash". Anyone know the proper use for the splash? It seems more like an aftershave, but since there is actually an EL aftershave, it must be different. Thoughts?

I think the only difference between the spray and splash is the top of the bottle (atomizer vs splash top). Cologne inside is the same. I think splash is more common. Lookup old EL ads on YouTube to see guys splashing hilarious amounts of the stuff all over.

Over the years they proliferated. Here are a few more (dusty) items from my cabinet.
Note that they even had an aftershave with sunscreen!
Oops, my soap-on-a-rope must have slipped away!

$D8C_3646s.jpg

I think the only difference between the spray and splash is the top of the bottle (atomizer vs splash top). Cologne inside is the same. I think splash is more common. Lookup old EL ads on YouTube to see guys splashing hilarious amounts of the stuff all over.

Right... except the two little bottles are labeled "Cologne" and have no atomizers. The larger bottle is labeled "Cologne Splash". I'm not sure if there is a difference or not.... :001_huh:

Top Bottom