What's new

English Gents this Canadian Gent needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm a Senior Canadian Gentleman in need of a Friend in England to help me with an ebay purchase that requires an England Address by the seller. It is a Razor in it's case and is a Buy Me Now purchase. I need someone I can trust to purchase this item for me after I have sent you the money. And when it arrives at your home wrap it up and mail it to me in Canada. I will pay all shipping expenses. Let me know if you can help me out.

Cheers,
Pete in Canada

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hello. I'm a Senior Canadian Gentleman in need of a Friend in England to help me with an ebay purchase that requires an England Address by the seller. It is a Razor in it's case and is a Buy Me Now purchase. I need someone I can trust to purchase this item for me after I have sent you the money. And when it arrives at your home wrap it up and mail it to me in Canada. I will pay all shipping expenses. Let me know if you can help me out.

Cheers,
Pete in Canada
Friendly BUMP!

Why is my alarm bell ringing and my caution light blinking that this request may be illegal, unethical, or even develop into a scam?

I suggest the forum moderator needs to take a look at this. Somehow, it doesn't quite pass my sniff test.

Why doesn't the Canadian buyer negotiate with the seller and send him some extra money, or whatever, thereby illuminating all this complicated hocus-pocus?

Why is my alarm bell ringing and my caution light blinking that this request may be illegal, unethical, or even develop into a scam?

I suggest the forum moderator needs to take a look at this. Somehow, it doesn't quite pass my sniff test.

Why doesn't the Canadian buyer negotiate with the seller and send him some extra money, or whatever, thereby illuminating all this complicated hocus-pocus?
Because when I press the 'buy now' button the bay does not allow me to pay. And the seller will not respond to my email. Why would I do this if I could just deal with seller? Perhaps your alarm bells are rooted in your childhood experiences that prevents you from trusting people.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've done this. Some UK eBay sellers will not ship outside the UK.
Their choice.
Ultimately it's up to any individual who desires to participate and understands any inherent risk.
Obviously some items would run afoul of laws such as tobacco, but that's not normally something one could buy on eBay.
Caveat emptor.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Can't fault members for being cautious or suspicious.
There are more scams these days than grains of sand in the desert.
I'm personally grateful that we have members who speak up when their spidey sense is tingling.
Better safe than sorry, and legitimate deals won't be derailed by due and proper examination.

I gotta be honest: when I read the post it screamed "SCAM!" to me too.

However, upon looking at the member profile of @Canada and seeing a near 5-year member with almost 1600 posts, I figured the request was legit, especially after re-reading his terms.

Cheers,
Pete in Canada
UK Brother here.

Is it a DE or a straight Pete?

Hi. It is a DE. Thank you so much. I hope you can help me with this purchase. Can I PM you?

Pete
Go right ahead. Please include product link.

However, It will need to be cleared with the Finance Ministry aka TLOTH who is keeping me on a very tight rein re any purchases, so we need to take that into account. She may have to have it explained. But she has a kind heart, which is why she is my lady.

She is on an economy drive, and I have let her become my Finance Minister, for a quiet life!

I would do my best, but no guarantees, if that is ok with you.

I gotta be honest: when I read the post it screamed "SCAM!" to me too.

However, upon looking at the member profile of @Canada and seeing a near 5-year member with almost 1600 posts, I figured the request was legit, especially after re-reading his terms.
This mirrors my thinking. Initially it seemed rife for a scam. Then I viewed Canada's profile and decided it is most likely not. Not in the UK, but if I was I would probably offer to help.

lasta

Blade Biter
Go right ahead. Please include product link.

However, It will need to be cleared with the Finance Ministry aka TLOTH who is keeping me on a very tight rein re any purchases, so we need to take that into account. She may have to have it explained. But she has a kind heart, which is why she is my lady.

She is on an economy drive, and I have let her become my Finance Minister, for a quiet life!

I would do my best, but no guarantees, if that is ok with you.
Always good to have a retired British ambassador willing to run errands!

Ebay.co.uk is a land of great cherry pickings, I will be in touch too!

Just kidding. Kudos for being a gentleman.
🥂

Well, my UK brother, after receiveing my ebay link and then consulting his wife has decided he cannot help me. Is there another UK brother interested in helping me with the purchase this Razor.

I would very much echo my support for any Gent who may be able to help Brother @Canada out here.

Sadly I was unable to assist at this time, but Brother Canada is absolutely sound and a long term member, so any support would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom