What's new

English flat bottom Tech

I've only been DE shaving for about 3 months and have tried everything from a Merkur 33c to an Ever Ready 1912. My favourite so far is the English flat bottom Tech. I've now got a few, English, Canadian 1932's and a couple from USA. However, a couple of weeks ago I picked up a EFBT on Ebay really cheap. I think the reason why, was because the handle looked like a mismatch (didn't belong) and it seemed a bit too short, but not short enough to be a travel razor. In addition, I can't find any pictures on the web showing this pairing. So, I swapped the handle with a spare fat one I've got. However, I've now seen and bought (again from Ebay) the exact same razor and handle, which suggests the first was actually correct (I'll have to swap the handle again!). Can anyone confirm if the handles are Gillette and correct and any background information if possible.

Thank you
Jack Spratt

Attachments

• 20200306_194533.jpg
    20200306_194533.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 184
  • 20200306_194623.jpg
    20200306_194623.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 178

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Gillette Flat Bottom Tech (England) is one of the best Techs ever made - arguably bettered only by the Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England) and the Gillette #34 Tech (Germany), comparable to the Gillette Pre-war (Triangle) and Post-war (Oval) Fat Handle Tech (Canada and USA) and the Gillette 1950s #24 Ball Handle Tech (England). Great razor!

The Flat Bottom Tech was released in both Fat Handle and Slim Handle versions.

R

romsitsa

Is the handle hollow or solid? Never seen one, but this means nothing.

Adam

Top Bottom