What's new

English Fern Shaving Soap Now in Stock

Several of you had written to ask about the availability of Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap. Well, we have finally been able to obtain a good supply of the 100g./3.5oz. refills and should have same in their wonderful wooden bowls in a day or so. Other items, like the talc and aftershave splash, continue to be on backorder but will hopefully be here in the next couple of weeks.

We also have a limited supply of samples of their EDT's (all except the Blenheim Bouquet for some reason). So, if you would like to try a couple of them, please put a note on your order in the "Special Instructions" area with specifics.

Well, we have finally been able to obtain a good supply of the 100g./3.5oz. refills

Great news, Jim. Congrats!

I'm curious -- is tallow listed in the ingredients? And if so, is it the first ingredient listed? If not, how far down on the list is it?

Thanks in advance!

Evan

Hello Evan. "Potassium Tallowate" is the 1st ingredient listed in the English Fern shaving soap. By the way, the wooden bowls are now in stock as well.

Hello Evan. "Potassium Tallowate" is the 1st ingredient listed in the English Fern shaving soap. By the way, the wooden bowls are now in stock as well.

Gents, if you like this soap I advise you to stock up. Penhaligon's is (allegedly) planning to reformulate their soaps to remove all animal byproducts. Below is a quote from an email I received from their U.S. sales director:

...we have eliminated animal ingredients in nearly all of our products. Shaving soaps will be reformulated but this has not happened yet. Our shaving soaps are still tallow based.

We have made several formula changes in the past few years to our shave and body products. Technology improves in leaps and bounds and our body crèmes, for example, are far more hydrating now then they were a couple of years ago. Also European Union legislations have changed on many cosmetic ingredients. As holder of a Royal Warrant from the Prince of Wales, we must comply with his environmental standards as well.
(emphasis mine.)

Guess the Prince of Wales doesn't want tallow in his shaving soap. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the message. I've been wanting to give this soap a try for a while. As the economy is falling down around us, why not indulge in a fine shaving soap!

Hello,

I was wondering if you might submit your house brand of shaving soap to one of the more experienced members of the forum for review. Either that, or do you offer samples of your soap to customers?

Thanks.

The previous post is referring to my new Vintage Blades Brand milled soap, which I offer in both a wood (Beech) bowl and standard 100g refills. Unfortunately, I did not have small sample size pucks made, but would be more than willing to send a puck out to a couple of reviewers as appropriate. However, I have already sold a good number of them and would have thought there would be at least some base of experience with the product already. You can view the list of ingredients here --> http://vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/product.php?productid=418&cat=137&page=1

I tried the Vintage Blades soap this morning and was very pleased with the results. The puck was larger than most shaving soap pucks I have. I actually shaved it down to fit it into a Art of Shaving wooden bowl. It has a light lavender scent that is present but not overwhelming during the shave. The soap lathered very well and the lather maintained its consistency throughout my three pass shave. I am going to continue to use it over the next few days and will update my comments as I go. My first impressions are that it appears to be a very good soap for the money.

Top Bottom