What's new

English Fern coloration

Good day gentlemen,
I have been wondering about this for a while so I have decided to ask the board. I have two different sample bottles of Pen's English fern, one which was purchased through a second party vendor, the other which was purchased directly from Pens. The bottle's are identical, but the color of the colognes are very different. The one from Pens (purchased before Christmas) is very clear and almost colorless. The second one (purchased half a year ago), is much darker in complexion, almost yellow.

Does the cologne go bad after some time? I do not think there is much of a difference in scent, but there is a slight one. Has anyone else's EF gone yellow?

I don't have any experience with the EF cologne like that, but something slightly similar with Endymion. I recieved the 5ml sample pack and the top of the stopper broke. I e-mailed them and they sent me a new one. The two were noticeable different colors. One was totally clear and the other was a darker color with a yellowish/brown hue. Both came straight from Pen's. So ... I can't help with the EF, but had something similar with the Endymion.

Strange, all of the endymions that I have are totally clear. Does it smell as it supposed to?

It smells exactly the same to me. I thought maybe something would be off when I saw that it was discolored, but as far as I can tell, there is absolutely no difference. And, again, they both came directly from Penhaligon's.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have two EF's, just got a new one last Tuesday, and both are colorless to a very, very faint green-blueish tint - could be the glass I thought, but my older one is a split and in a totally different bottle.

Plenty of oils change colour with exposure to light. Plenty of natural products are a different color between batches. The art of the perfumer is to make it smell the same each time despite the ingredients being a little different from year to year, rather like the blending of malt whiskey. I think you answered your own question when you stated that you could detect little difference in scent. I suggest that you worry about the smell of fragrances and the color of lipsticks.

Top Bottom