What's new

English Breakfast

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There are several good, not too expensive options at Harney Teas

Wow! It's Scotto!

... oh, it's 2006. Hey dude!

I've been enjoying the Imperial Earl Grey from Silk Road Teas in Victoria, BC lately.

"Back in the day" decades ago I lived in Victoria and got my tea and coffee from Murchie's downtown. Dunno how they are nowadays but back then they were pretty good stuff. Wondering how the two compare??

I think Upton's teas are almost all past their prime. They should cut down their number of items and focus on quality. I have had a lot of really poor tea from them. SpecialTeas does samples also, and there quality and service are exceptional.
You may be right. Upton's prices have increased as their quality has declined. I'm a lot less happy with them than I have been.

Can you provide a link for SpecialTeas? There are a lot of companies with that name.

Never cared much for Twinnings except the Prince of Wales variety. Twinnings always tastes dry. Harney makes a good English Breakfast. But I much prefer Taylors of Harrogate. Truth be told Scottish Breakfast is my favorite breakfast tea followed by Irish Breakfast.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
And guenron -- and ouch, down on teabags.

What happened to SpecialTeas?

Before 2008 the company officially announced that SpecialTeas has been merged into Teavana.
And in 2017 Starbucks bought Teavana, and then shut all the Teavana stores down.

"Back in the day" decades ago I lived in Victoria and got my tea and coffee from Murchie's downtown. Dunno how they are nowadays but back then they were pretty good stuff. Wondering how the two compare??

I don't actually live in Victoria, and never heard of Murchie's, but I might give them a try for my next order.

Top Bottom