What's new

England

My friend is going to England for a few months, and I asked him if he would pick some shaving creams up for me. What should I have him get? What is something that is difficult to get online that you would have to live in England to get?

Thanks

It's difficult to know what you can and can't get. All of the English Creams appear to be well used by members of this forum.

Jermyn Street has a Trumper, A Taylor and Floris so if he's in London (West End) you may want to choose something from these shops.

You might see if he can pickup some Penhaligons Shave Cream or Shaving Soap, I don't know how difficult these items are to get in America, but I have yet to see much discussion concerning this particular brand on any of the forums, I know some people are using the EDT's/ colognes, but there is a paucity of information regarding their shave products. They are available from Harrods.
Warm regards,
Alex

Kyle,

You can get just about all the high end creams through the Internet so I wouldn't bother with those.

However I would go for the cheap stuff - we have a different Palmolive shaving cream - it comes in only one variety and is available just about everywhere for £1.50 or so...., it is an excellent cream, don't be fooled by the low price.

You can get Palmolive in the Tesco supermarket chain, which are everywhere. While you're friend is there, get them to buy you Tesco's own brand DE blades - pack of 10 for £2. Buy a number of these because they are an excellent blade, only been around for a few months but I'm beginning to think they are better than the highly thought of Swedish Gillettes.

The Swedish Gillettes are sold in a store called John Lewis - they have lots of branches through out the UK..., a local will know where one is. Again while in John Lewis's your friend can pick you up a tube of Ingram shaving cream..., there are two variaties, get the one with blue writing..., it has menthol and lanolin in the mix.

Another big chain is Boots the Chemist - they stock The Real Shaving Company shaving creams - they're creams made by the company that makes all the high-end stuff, i.e. Taylors, Trumpers, Harris etc ..., not that expensive either.

http://www.realshaving.com/products/product_item.cfm?catid=78&pid=321

Regards
John

yasuo200365 said:
Another big chain is Boots the Chemist - they stock The Real Shaving Company shaving creams - they're creams made by the company that makes all the high-end stuff, i.e. Taylors, Trumpers, Harris etc ..., not that expensive either.

http://www.realshaving.com/products/product_item.cfm?catid=78&pid=321

Regards
John

Hi John

I've never used The Real Shaving products before, are they for use without a brush?

I agree about the Palmolive cream available in the UK, my first shaving cream and I still use it now.

John

I've only bought it once mainly because Gordon (I think) was singing its praises - I gave it away with a razor soon after getting a tube, not because it was bad but because it was good.

I used a brush - as I always do with any product, but I suspect it could be used brushless.

http://www.realshaving.com/products/more_info.cfm?pid=314

Note what they say about going against the grain, stretching the skin & using too much - any company that agrees with me can't be bad:wink:

Regards
John

i would suggest for him to wear cheap clothes and dispose of all of them prior to the flight back and fill his bags with every soap/creams/cologne/and whatever and bring it back....

can you imagine this at the airport counter...

Sir do you have anything to declare....

Yes sir, I declare that I LOVE TO SHAVE....and here is the proof...I took all of my shave stuff because I couldn't levae home without it !!!!

by the way, nice country you have here....God save the Queen...Tally ho...

mark the shoeshine boy

mark the shoeshine boy said:
i would suggest for him to wear cheap clothes and dispose of all of them prior to the flight back and fill his bags with every soap/creams/cologne/and whatever and bring it back....

can you imagine this at the airport counter...

Sir do you have anything to declare....

Yes sir, I declare that I LOVE TO SHAVE....and here is the proof...I took all of my shave stuff because I couldn't levae home without it !!!!

by the way, nice country you have here....God save the Queen...Tally ho...

mark the shoeshine boy

If only I had such a friend!:w00t:

I received the Real Shaving Company Self Heating Face Mask and the Daily Facial Wash for Christmas. Even though I haven't tried many other products, I'm rather happy with them so far and they seem readily available in many of the larger supermarkets in town, which is always a plus. :smile:

I would say go with Taylors its going to cost less then the others and get it in the travel tubes and have your buddie put them in a zip bag. The airlines tend to throw bags around and the tubs of taylors my get cracked open and hey take some orders on here I am sure guys would send you the money for stuff the order.

Top Bottom