What's new

England flat bottoms question

Did these flat bottom sb techs ever come in gold? I have been looking but not finding one. I could have one replated gold, but I don't want to do this if they were never made that way.
So do you have one or have you ever seen one?

Did these flat bottom sb techs ever come in gold? I have been looking but not finding one. I could have one replated gold, but I don't want to do this if they were never made that way.
So do you have one or have you ever seen one?
Never seen one. Gold plating was a little less common here especially on more budget razors. All Flat Bottom Tech's I have ever seen have just been nickel plated.

Does not mean they don't exist, just I have never seen one personally.

There is a strange example of a rhodium plated Tech Hybrid on Achim's site, but that's about it for high end platings.
proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Never seen one. Gold plating was a little less common here especially on more budget razors. All Flat Bottom Tech's I have ever seen have just been nickel plated.

Does not mean they don't exist, just I have never seen one personally.

There is a strange example of a rhodium plated Tech Hybrid on Achim's site, but that's about it for high end platings.
proxy.php
That Rhodium is beautiful!

@HazMat Shaver : I say go for the Gold like Mark Spitz if'n you gots the coin. But....

I'd waste some REAL money and do it in Rhodium. That would really be sharp.

Never seen a gold flat bottom tech. Haven’t really looked at the other English techs but don’t recall any in gold from memory.

The English definitely were more fond of rhodium as their high end finish. Gold never really seemed like a mainstream finish for them. Some do exist like the rockets and the early aristocrats but it seems fairly limited. Their finishes were definitely of much higher quality throughout the years and gold being soft may have played into that.

The rhodium is my second idea if I can't find any examples in gold. I'm finding this to be one of my favorites when it comes to the Tech's.

Top Bottom