What's new

Endymion Penhaligons any good?

hey just noticed a post about this cologne. Was wondering if its any good compared to other known brands ie. cool water, aqua digio, polo sport D&G
Jil senders.

I like stuff that no one really has, but i seem to like to go with known brands as well.

Any shops in NY, USA sell it? I dont think I ever seen it.

Thanks

Penhaligon's is one of the best in the world. There are Penhaligon stores in the US. You can check if you're near one on their website.

No comparison - it is a better made scent than all those others. Kind of rich for the summer, though. More of a cooler weather scent, IMO. Penhaligons will likely send you a sample, or you can check in the Trading Forum here for cologne samples.

Back when I wore Polo :blushing: it was also considered a cold weather scent. Not that Endymion smells anything like Polo. God, no!

Cooler weather is coming. Stock up now!

Let's put it this way....

When I visted the Londons store (www.shoplondons.com) Saturday, the friendly clerk took a whiff of this stuff, rolled her eyes, murmured sultrily, tossed her head back and said, "I really like this one!"

When I took the sample and showed it to my wife, she did the same thing.

I started to think that there is something mighty powerful in this Magic Juice!

Unfortunately, the stuff is expensive!

I have to say though, that I loved just about every one of the Penhaligon's labels.

Only the Endymion had such a good effect with the ladies....

I suppose that it all depends on what you are wanting your cologne to do...

-joedy

Yesterday I hit the NYC store on Madison and picked up tubes of the Endymon cream and the classic Bouquet cream... Used the bouquet this morning, WITH a brush & scuttle, and it was tremendous, once I used the right amount (a lot) of cream. These scents are fantastic, although I found the Endymon very, very heavy- it could definately have just been the humid and hot weather, though.

Joedy, was it the clerk with the short, red hair? She has a good nose....

I've always like her recommendations whenever I go in there.

Joedy said:
Let's put it this way....

When I visted the Londons store (www.shoplondons.com) Saturday, the friendly clerk took a whiff of this stuff, rolled her eyes, murmured sultrily, tossed her head back and said, "I really like this one!"

When I took the sample and showed it to my wife, she did the same thing.

I started to think that there is something mighty powerful in this Magic Juice!

Unfortunately, the stuff is expensive!

I have to say though, that I loved just about every one of the Penhaligon's labels.

Only the Endymion had such a good effect with the ladies....

I suppose that it all depends on what you are wanting your cologne to do...

-joedy

AACJ said:
Joedy, was it the clerk with the short, red hair? She has a good nose....

I've always like her recommendations whenever I go in there.

Yep. I've done gone and forgot her name, but she is very nice and helpful and she really knows her stuff. It turns out that she has a three year old son and I had my three year old son with me, so we all ended up talking about our children.

I've been meaning to send you a PM as a fellow Virginia B&B member. I'm just starting out, but Scotto set me up with a couple of samples, John G. sold me a nice Vulfix brush and Futur (and threw in some more freebies to more firmly ensconse my growing addiction.)

The Londons shop is a little pricey, but it was well worth the trip. I live near Staunton, so it was only a 45 minute drive.

Being able to sample first hand is well worth the trip. I walked out with some Rose Skin Food and some Endymion balm. I learned that I like just about every Penhaligon's there is, which makes decision making easy, but expensive!

I ended up placing a big order for some Penhaligons with Franco, but still did not mangage to get any Endymion from him (all sold out). Did manage to get both Bouquets, Duovro, Quercus and a sample pack. This should hold me off for just a little while, then I'll need another hit again. ;)

I'll definitely be going back to Londons again!

-joedy

Yeah, everytime we go in there, I have to take out a second mortgage on the house......but it's well worth it. She says she picks some stuff out for her husband regularly and I just sometimes go with her and my wifes choices.

We have a 3 year old too, but I don't remember if my wife and her talked about kids. We live about 1 1/2 hours away, but it's always a fun drive going to the Blue Ridge Mountains, we usually pack a picnic, buy a bottle of wine at the Jefferson Winery and have a picnic there. Plus we get some shopping done that they don't usually have in Richmond.

Yeah, PM me!

Joedy said:
Yep. I've done gone and forgot her name, but she is very nice and helpful and she really knows her stuff. It turns out that she has a three year old son and I had my three year old son with me, so we all ended up talking about our children.

I've been meaning to send you a PM as a fellow Virginia B&B member. I'm just starting out, but Scotto set me up with a couple of samples, John G. sold me a nice Vulfix brush and Futur (and threw in some more freebies to more firmly ensconse my growing addiction.)

The Londons shop is a little pricey, but it was well worth the trip. I live near Staunton, so it was only a 45 minute drive.

Being able to sample first hand is well worth the trip. I walked out with some Rose Skin Food and some Endymion balm. I learned that I like just about every Penhaligon's there is, which makes decision making easy, but expensive!

I ended up placing a big order for some Penhaligons with Franco, but still did not mangage to get any Endymion from him (all sold out). Did manage to get both Bouquets, Duovro, Quercus and a sample pack. This should hold me off for just a little while, then I'll need another hit again. ;)

I'll definitely be going back to Londons again!

-joedy

I just got the Penhaligon's sampler, and I was disappointed with Endymion (and with Quercus).

My first takes on colognes are sometimes off, but I initially pick up a lot of vanilla with Endymion -- so much, in fact, that it reminded me somewhat of Coty's Raw Vanilla -- a much cheaper product. Even if you don't like the comparison, Endymion definitely is a sweeter modern type scent.

Quercus to me is just a slightly more floral version of CK One -- an unimaginative mid-1990s take on a unisex fragrance.

Doug

DEF said:
My first takes on colognes are sometimes off, but I initially pick up a lot of vanilla with Endymion -- so much, in fact, that it reminded me somewhat of Coty's Raw Vanilla -- a much cheaper product. Even if you don't like the comparison, Endymion definitely is a sweeter modern type scent....

Doug

Now that you say that, Doug, it makes sense to me. Vanilla happens to be one of my favorite scents; this is why the Endymion appealed so much to me.

Did you like the other scents?

-joedy

Hi, Joedy --

I was already famililar with English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet, both of which are outstanding scents. The Endymion and Quercus unfortunately did nothing for me, being so modern. The only discovery for me on the men's side of the tin was the Hammam Bouquet, which I like very much, but I would need to get comfortable with the idea of wearing something so unabashedly floral in public! My hangup, I guess.

The ladies' side of the tin features a couple of real winners: Artemisia and Malabah are both very classy, sophisticated fragrances -- just "exotic" enough to be interesting, but well within the bounds of good taste. The Lavandula, Lily of the Valley and Bluebell are also nice, but the first two are smashing.

Regards,
Doug

I have to say that Endymion just didn't really get me when I tried it on. My wife wears it, along with Malabah.

I have mixed feeling on this stuff. Penhaligons is definitely good quality. This (and LP #9) are much more modern than the rest of their offerings. (Well, and Quercus, but I can't stand the stuff.) Personally, I kind of prefer the dry pine/lemon scent of Blenheim. But I have to admit that Endymion does smell really good, in a yummy sort of way.

Put it this way, I would probably never wear it in the daytime. If I wear Penhaligons to work, it is Blenheim. Endy is just way to heavy/sexy for my tastes for daytime wear. This stuff is definitely date cologne. It IS a bit of a ladykiller. So if I were really feeling romantic, I would likely enough wear it. But this is not even a casual date cologne. Not for the blind dates, or the, she seems nice, it'll be fun at least dates. This stuff is all about serious romance and passion.....

-Mo

I also really like to wear this scent and it is the only one that my wife will notice and say something about. I don't wear it a lot but enough not to forget what it smells like. I ussually pair it with the shaving cream. If I shave with it, I will try to wear the matching EDT.

Hmm, thanks for helping me to decide which sample to wear tomorrow! Today was Douro (or is it Lords again now?), and I think tomorrow shall be Endymion.

Endymion is the one and only cologne that gets really animated and positive feedback from my wife. I prefer Floris Santal over Endymion, though, as I find it a bit drier.

I'll agree with what many posters here seem to be saying; better halves seem to like it, but I don't care for it. It's too sweet (vanilla/tonka-y) for me. I prefer my colognes a bit drier, spicier, woodier or more aromatic. My sweetie likes the sweet stuff, but we don't see each other during the day, so I wear what *I* like.

That said, if I compare Endymion to many other mass market/'designer' colognes that are similar (Gucci Envy, various things from CK, Uomo? Mochino, Hugo Boss (Baldessarini, perhaps), etc., I find Endymion to just be a more pleasant, refined offering.

Top Bottom