What's new

Endgame... The ATT SE1/Schick Proline Journal

Wawa last year
what kind of gas mileage did you get on the trip?

Nissan Sentra 2.5S came tearing up behind me so I moved over to let him go by and pulled up beside him at the next light. When the light turned green he was off like a shot.

That's the same engine in my Rogue, I think the Rogue is up to 500 pounds heavier than the Sentra though. The '07-'12 Sentra SER spec V has the 200hp 2.5, not sure about the Sentra 2.5S engine output. I only have 170hp. :em18:

Could you tell if he had a manual or CVT transmission?

Edit: looks like the Sentra 2.5S has 165hp and had a manual or 4 speed auto transmission. CVT came on 2007+ Nissan's.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
what kind of gas mileage did you get on the trip?

12 hour drive there, driving around while there and then 12 hours back home. Averaged 28.2 or 28.6 I cant remember. I've had this car to 32 or 34mpg but I was trying pretty hard to beat my 99 and couldnt.

That's the same engine in my Rogue, I think the Rogue is up to 500 pounds heavier than the Sentra though. The '07-'12 Sentra SER spec V has the 200hp 2.5, not sure about the Sentra 2.5S engine output. I only have 170hp. :em18:

Could you tell if he had a manual or CVT transmission?

Edit: looks like the Sentra 2.5S has 165hp and had a manual or 4 speed auto transmission. CVT came on 2007+ Nissan's.

Weight has been on my mind. I have leather heated electric front seats and I know they're damn heavy lol. Theres likely 400lbs of seats just in the front.

It was a CVT which is one reason he got a jump on me off the line. I didnt get on it as hard as I could have, I was trying to keep the traction control inactive. I should have turned it off.

Every time my car hit 2600rpm I'd start catching him, then it would shift and I'd equal his acceleration, then slowly catch him. The cam in my car comes in at 2600 to 3500 or so and it pulls hard as long as I'm in that rpm range.

I've read about some guys deleting the supercharger and adding a dual stage turbo for 400HP. Some even dual boost with the stock supercharger and adding a turbo. Thats why I might look into the stronger transmission from the Cadillacs, the 4T80E. Thats a really good upgrade from my 4T65E-HD and will take 400+ HP without any problems.

Hows this V6 sound? :tongue_sm

Weight has been on my mind. I have leather heated electric front seats and I know they're damn heavy lol. Theres likely 400lbs of seats just in the front

I weighed my Lexus SC300 front power seats, driver 8 way seat weighed about 90 pounds, while the passenger 6 way seat only weighed about 70 pounds. The passenger seat didn't have any lumber adjustment, driver side was power lumber. Supra seats were a direct bolt on for instant weight loss.

Hows this V6 sound?

Oh my! I heard a Cadillac CTS V(I think) sound similar to that a couple of weeks ago. It was making my heart skip beats and I was only walking by it.

It was a CVT which is one reason he got a jump on me off the line. I didnt get on it as hard as I could have, I was trying to keep the traction control inactive. I should have turned it off.

If it looked like this then it was a manual or 4 speed auto! Looks like they started using the CVT in 2007.

1280px-2000-03_Nissan_Sentra.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I weighed my Lexus SC300 front power seats, driver 8 way seat weighed about 90 pounds, while the passenger 6 way seat only weighed about 70 pounds. The passenger seat didn't have any lumber adjustment, driver side was power lumber. Supra seats were a direct bolt on for instant weight loss.

I'm keeping my heated leather. I enjoy that luxury, especially on long drives and cold mornings. I just wish I could leave the heated seat turned on, like I could with my 99, because with the remote start the seat would also warm up lol.

Oh my! I heard a Cadillac CTS V(I think) sound similar to that a couple of weeks ago. It was making my heart skip beats and I was only walking by it.

The CTS-V is quite a car. They had either a V8 engine or a supercharged V8 in them, making over 550HP, stock. The newer ATS-V has a twin turbo 3.6L V6 giving more than 460HP. 0-60 in 3.7 seconds and a top speed of 190mph.

The new turbo technology is pretty interesting too. They use a single turbo housing with two impellers inside it. One impeller feeds a designated set of cylinders and the other feeds the rest. Thats a "Twin Scroll" turbo and is the design most new markers are using because they're very efficient.

They call them "Twin Turbo" and use that as badging on some cars too, but thats marketing. I might be wrong, but I think Ford started that with their EcoTec engines. A friend of my nephews has a 2019 F150 with the V6 EcoTec and he said it has 420HP and gets better mileage than my car! @rudyt is the Ford guy I think. Maybe he'll know.

That Nissan looked like the same body style but it didnt have the spoiler on the back and it wasnt a manual transmission.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I checked mine when I ran out of town yesterday. I havent reset my kilometer 'o liter meter thing since we came back from Wawa last year. Its sitting at 11.7km/L or, and I had to look this up just now, 27.52mpg! I'm honestly shocked its as high as it is. I keep it on metric so that I know my km/h speed.

Thats wrong.

I dont remember which website I used to convert but they're wrong!

I checked yesterday and in the cars DIC set to Standard, 11.7km/L is actually 20.0mpg. Thats more in line with what I was thinking, and still pretty good considering how I drive.

Thats wrong.

I dont remember which website I used to convert but they're wrong!

I checked yesterday and in the cars DIC set to Standard, 11.7km/L is actually 20.0mpg. Thats more in line with what I was thinking, and still pretty good considering how I drive.

That's about what I get when I drive the car like I stole it, O/D off and sometimes L.

Driving it like a chauffeur for a tank, in D only with O/D on, I did get 27mpg, but it was extremely boring and I will never do that again!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That's about what I get when I drive the car like I stole it, O/D off and sometimes L.

Driving it like a chauffeur for a tank, in D only with O/D on, I did get 27mpg, but it was extremely boring and I will never do that again!

We get around the same mileage yet you have a 2.5L and I have a supercharged 3.8L. Technology is meant to make our lives less expensive isnt it? lol

We get around the same mileage yet you have a 2.5L and I have a supercharged 3.8L. Technology is meant to make our lives less expensive isnt it? lol

'06 Grand Prix 260hp pushing 3484 lbs, 5.9" ground clearance.

'11 Rogue 170hp pushing 3276 lbs, 8.3" ground clearance.

SUV body and 8.3" ground clearance definitely hurts fuel efficiency. 2011 Altima 2.5 engine gets 32mpg hwy while I am rated at 28mpg. 23mpg city for the Altima, 22mpg city for the Rogue.

The Sentra 2.0L(26/34mpg) and Versa(28/33mpg) doesn't do much better than the Altima. All with the CVT, manual seems to get slightly less. Sentra 2.5 is same as the Altima.

Last edited:
The 2011 Altima 3.5 V6 with 270hp only gets 20/27 mpg. 2011 Maxima 3.5 V6 with 290hp only gets 19/26 mpg. My 4500 pound 260hp 3.5L V6 Quest only gets 19/24 mpg. The 3.5L V6 is the same engine on all 3 vehicles with different hp.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Aerodynamics can kill fuel mileage and performance yeah. I rarely take that into consideration.

4500 pounds? Holy crap man that thing needs a diet. My old 4x4 didnt even weigh 4500lbs lol.

truck.JPG

I took that picture after it had been off the road for 5 years from not passing the emissions test. It had a serious case of cancer. The floors were gone too. When I sold it to the friend, they got it home and jacked it up and the frame sagged so it was done.

I miss that old truck. Notice the shaved door handles.

This is from the build before the above pic.

Truck interior.JPG

Seat covers, matching door panels, carpet, headliner and Leaf 5 point harnesses all stayed. I should have kept the stereo the same too but we made a new console that wasnt as nice. Notice the red buttons across the top for the RV lighting. The Alpine CD player, crossover, EQ and all the CD's are in a custom made black plexiglass face plate. On the bottom of the console was an 18" Cerwin Vega Pro subwoofer firing at the floor. Behind the seats was another subwoofer box that held two 8" subs and 3 amps. A 4x50w Alpine, a 2x75w Nakamichi and a 2x150w Altec Lansing.

I blew one channel output on the Nak, melted the outputs on the Altec and ended up using only the Alpine, which I still have, to run 9 separate drivers at a 0.5ohm load for 128db. That Alpine never even got warm.

Even with all of that and 35" tires with axle trusses on both ends, that truck was under 4500lbs lol.

Yeah, 4568 pounds is pretty heavy, but it is still faster than my Rogue 0-60 by about a half a second. The Quest turns like a cruise ship, so the Rogue will leave it on twistie roads.

not passing the emissions test

The town that I live in is in a county that does not require emissions. I work in a county that requires emissions, but still don't need emissions done, it's crazy. I can drive an air polluting car to work and anywhere in the state or country no problem.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The town that I live in is in a county that does not require emissions. I work in a county that requires emissions, but still don't need emissions done, it's crazy. I can drive an air polluting car to work and anywhere in the state or country no problem.

We dont even have the emissions tests here anymore but when we did they were as strict as the California emissions laws. The stupid thing was, if I sold that truck to someone the new owners wouldnt need to have it tested and it would become exempt because of the age. I however, couldnt do that and all I could do is get a conditional pass under the "Hot Rod" clause which increased in price every time you did it to a maximum of 4 conditional passes with testing done every other year.

Just a year or three ago they decided that the emissions testing was basically a money grab by the Ontario government and they ended the whole program. This of course, long after the shops that did it had spent $15,000 to retrofit one bay of their shop to dedicate to doing the testing.

Today I used William's mug shaving with Aveeno Positively Smooth, both for the first time. I bought 5-1.75 oz. pucks for $8.99 total on Amazon and I like it. The VDH Deluxe seems to have changed, new formula, cost more, so I decided to try William's.

Not sure how many shaves are on the Proline in the SE1, over 30. I like the William's better than the PdP 63, possibly better than the VDH Deluxe, I don't have any more VDH to compare though. Excellent post shave feel.

One day I'll use the William's mug shave soap and Aveeno Positively Smooth separately to see how they perform, together they're great.

That answers a question I was about to ask. I didnt think you were getting that many shaves per blade, is that head and face?

Just face. I've only been shaving once, twice, or three times a week. Been using this blade since November, I think. A week of stubble seems a lot easier to BBS then one or two days of stubble. I haven't felt a need to change the blade, so I just flip the blade and keep on rolling. Definitely more shaves on the blade then normal.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Just face. I've only been shaving once, twice, or three times a week. Been using this blade since November, I think. A week of stubble seems a lot easier to BBS then one or two days of stubble. I haven't felt a need to change the blade, so I just flip the blade and keep on rolling. Definitely more shaves on the blade then normal.

Thats pretty good...

I found the difference at 44 hours. Before that much growth its a more difficult shave for me. After that much growth it just gets easier the more time goes by.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Rabidus,

Have you tried the Aveeno Positively Smooth on its own or only as a super lather?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Your answer gave me the impression you're only using it to enhance another soap because it wasn't in the expected section.

Your answer gave me the impression you're only using it to enhance another soap because it wasn't in the expected section.

Not at all. I've been super lathering for years, I rarely use only one product.

That answered my question of how it was marketed from a previous post. Neither Aveeno Therapeutic or Positively Smooth say for men or women on the can. One has a dark blue cap and graphics and the other has a light blue cap and graphics. Therapeutic is with men's products and Positively Smooth is with women's products.

Top Bottom