What's new

ENDED******The Annual Cleaning of the Den and B&B Anniversary PIF

Well Gentleman, or Ladies if any are around, it is time to give back to the community. Today is my Badger & Blade Anniversary and over the past year I have been introduced to some of the finest Gentleman and a Lady or two who have to be some of the finest on the Web if not the world. While this past year has been a challenge in many ways, B&B has been a place where I can retreat and get my mind off of things. I have been fortunate enough to be the recipient of many fine gifts, PIFs, and pass-arounds that I can't even count them all...okay I can probably count them but that wouldn't have sounded as cool.

So to share a little with the fine upstanding people here on B&B I am PIFing some items in my modest den that I don't use, don't care for, or just don't want.

Here is the list:

1. A tube of C. O. Bigelow shaving cream (New 1.7 oz). Really like this stuff so I hand a small tube out to everyone I come across.

2. A refill puck of Acca Kappa White Oak Moss shave soap (Not Pictured - I just forgot to include it in the pic). This stuff smells great. Used about three times. You can still see the Acca Kappa imprinted on the soap. I put this in one of my TOBS empty containers that I have. I like it okay...I just like other things better right now.

3. One stick of Palmolive shave soap. I used this just three times and I don't like it nearly as much as the Palmolive cream. Since a lot of people like it I thought I would give it away.

4. One tin of Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny shave soap. This is a 2 oz tin and has been used about five times. I really wanted to like this soap because for a Bay Rum this stuff smells incredible. The black tea gives it a lot of depth. It shaves pretty good and is plenty slick...I just couldn't get a real great lather out of it.

5. One tin of Dr. Jon's Hydra shave soap. Again, this is of the 2 oz variety. This stuff also smells really good. The citrus is really bright and natural smelling. Same issues as above. Used about five times.

6. One bottle of RazoRock Don Marco after shave. It has a kind of orange and vanilla type scent to it. I have a similar scent that I like better. This bottle has about two-thirds left.

7. One Twist-Up container. I really like certain soaps in stick form and these make turning pucks into sticks really easy.

8. Two Tucks of Voskhod razor blades. These are probably the smoothest blades I have tried. I use these blades three to four times a week depending on the razor and mood I am in. I might add some more blades but this is what I have for now.

So...the rules are simple...Just say I'm In (I'll do one with more wit at another time). I don't care if you have been on B&B for a day or since inception; I don't care if you have one post or 30,000 posts. Just say I'm in. There are only a couple of things that I ask...

If you win, DO NOT sell anything. DO NOT let something sit in your den. If there is something that you don't like...PAY IT FORWARD. In other words...do your own PIF. Secondly, try everything within a week or so of what you win and post a review of some sorts. If you are not very experienced, a simple "I like it" or "I don't like it" will suffice and why. I will let this run until Noon Central Time on Jan. 10th, 2015. That gives plenty of time for people to see this. On before mentioned date and time I will use a number generator and the numbers associated with each person's post. The first relevant number that hits gets the prize. If that person declines or cannot be contacted within 24 hours of the notification (either a PM or in the thread) then I will randomly draw another number...and so forth until a winner is picked or contacted.

Sorry, my brothers to the north or south or overseas. I can only ship CONUS at this time. But do not fret...I plan to do a Canadian PIF soon as the ties to Canada and Louisiana are strong...I will explain at such time. So I have carried on long enough. I know this stuff will go to a good home!

Don

$annual PIF.jpg

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Damn Fine PIF. I'm in. If I win all items will be added to my stash for Active Duty PIFs.

Last edited:
I'm in if you'll have me (sounds like you'll let a newbie in).
Always willing to try some new stuff... Especially just starting out!

Top Bottom