What's new

End Of Watch.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
35122926-6C92-4404-BD94-59C5CBA64ECD.jpeg

I wept like a baby. This was outside Trooper Walker’s Room at his End Of Watch!

martym

I just watched Trooper Walker’s funeral.
So beautiful yet so sad. They say over 1,000 police vehicles were in the procession.

The older I get the more it hurts. The longer I serve the more I realize how blessed I have been in my career. I can’t say lucky because it’s all in God’s hands.

Stay Safe

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just watched Trooper Walker’s funeral.
So beautiful yet so sad. They say over 1,000 police vehicles were in the procession.

The older I get the more it hurts. The longer I serve the more I realize how blessed I have been in my career. I can’t say lucky because it’s all in God’s hands.

Stay Safe
Amen. Luck is from Lucifer, Blessings are from God. NONE of us is guaranteed the next breath. Stay strong my friend.

Constable Jeff Northrup, a 31 year veteran of Toronto Police Service, was killed in a line of duty incident this morning. While in plain clothes, Northrup and his partner responded to a priority call as the closest available officers. In the ensuing incident, Cst. Northrup and his partner were run down by a vehicle attempting to flee the scene. Cst. Northrup and his partner's actions were in keeping with the TPS motto of "Protect and Serve", and the best traditions of the Service. He leaves behind his wife, and three children.

Rest easy, Jeffy, we have the watch.

martym

F0D994D4-53CE-4180-BEF8-85A595A5D71D.png

I wanted to update this:
Today, Friday, July 30, 2021 Zachery Sanchez graduated from the Texas Department of Public Safety Academy as a Texas State Trooper. He chose to follow in his fallen father’s footsteps.

I’ve been a member here since 2009 and have never seen this sticky, I’d like to thank everyone who has posted in it. Retired February 15, 2021 after 41 years with the Indiana State Police and attended more LEO funerals than I can remember, and now have a son who is a fire fighter and a son in law that is a police officer. I worry more about them than I ever did for myself…

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’ve been a member here since 2009 and have never seen this sticky, I’d like to thank everyone who has posted in it. Retired February 15, 2021 after 41 years with the Indiana State Police and attended more LEO funerals than I can remember, and now have a son who is a fire fighter and a son in law that is a police officer. I worry more about them than I ever did for myself…
I thank you and yours for your service my friend. When you started 50+ years ago it was a different world.

It's not a better one now, in my opinion. We ALL need to be in prayer for our folks that serve on the streets. It is an underfunded and unappreciated career choice. I miss my life as an Assertive Community Treatment nurse everyday, but every month that passes when the check gets deposited I must admit it gets easier to NOT go to work.

Top Bottom