What's new

End of production for Polsilver Super Iridium DE blades

Needed to restock on SI's and now that I see the end is near I figured I'd order 400(instead of the planned 100). This should give me @10 years to find a new favorite. Or some lucky Picker will get them when they sell off my estate:tongue_sm

I have 1200 inbound. I also love GSB, and PermaSharps just as much, have a good stash of them too. I should be set for 20 years with my current stock. Just maddness!

I have a little under 200 left having just received 100 more. I now believe I have enough to survive the discovery process for another...

I just got 20 Polsilver blades from fleabay...Poland, I think. They have the blue/black packaging. Given the run on these right now, how can you tell if they are fakes? Mine are double wrapped with Polsilver packaging and stamped with Polsilver. If the 20 work out, I might do 100.

[FONT=&quot]The Super Iridium double edge blades were a popular blade before they were discontinued. Or at least that's what we thought happened to them. Turns out there was a distribution change and the blades are still being made in St. Petersburg, Russia. They are packaged slightly different, but they are the same great blade. Sharp and smooth.

[/FONT]
http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Polsilver-Super-Iridium-Double-Edge-Razor-Blades-5-pack_p_1677.html

I didn't see this confirmed anywhere in a quick search, but noticed on DCC's website:

"With great regret, we would like to inform you that the rumors about End of production of Polsilver Super Iridium is true. Our information is that they are not in production as of mid-September. To be able to keep PSI blades in the market as long as possible, we will stop wholesales and prices will be gradually increased over time."

I'm still contemplating my own reaction to this. Definitely one of my top modern blades, but I'm also sitting on a (growing) stockpile of vintage Schick, Gillette and Wilkinson blades. Decisions, decisions...

Edit: And I just found the post a couple of pages back in this thread. It must have escaped my attention. Good news is, that was already several weeks ago and supply/prices still seem to be stable.

Last edited:
Great blades but no better than a few other top draw blades IMO. Can't imagine wanting to stockpile them when there are others in the same league still being made. Also, the machine making them will likely be utilized making the same blade under a different name/packaging.

This thread confirms my suspicions there are a fair few OCD DE shavers out there.

Bullgoose Shaving Supplies

Stock Up For The Shaveocalypse!

I have heard from multiple reputable sources that production has been ceased on Polsilver Super Iridium blades. Whether or not they ever go back into production is anyone's guess. It is better to be safe than sorry...stock up for the shaveocalypse and pick up some Super Iridium blades today.

They are by far my most popular blade and are valued for their combination of sharpness, smoothness and durability.

I've found PPI's Permasharp, Nacet and Polsilver IMO to be all fairly similar in performance; I couldn't tell the difference if I didn't know which was which - all outstanding blades.

How long are you planning on living? :)
Forever.:laugh:

I already have 900 on hand, so I guess I won't worry about running out. I only manage to see 5 shaves from one blade, so that gives me about 30 years of shaves.

Which is nothing. My old stash of Personna 74's could theoretically yield 120 years of shaves.

Top Bottom