What's new

Enamel or color cufflinks

S

Sam

I prefer a colored cufflink over something solid silver. Why? I like to play off a color in a tie, or even suit. Say I have a blue suit, white shirt, with a blue/red striped tie. Adding a touch of color to the cuff can be fun without being whimsical.

My favorites are Robert Talbott but getting them cheaper then retail is hard. They average $325 and even at $160, that can be a stretch to acquire a few. I have some Thomas Pink cloth cufflinks and those can be had on ebay for around $30 to $50 shipped.

Any other suggestions on something nice in enamel, or even a semi precious stone? I got some Robert Tattosean (I know I spelled it wrong) as a first pair but those were north of $150 for a blue quartz-like stone - they are my workhorses though.

I have some Silver John Hardy knot-like cufflinks and one silver pair is enough for me. I am thinking of a mother-of-pearl pair and would try HCGEMS on ebay for a $22 pair I think.

If you're looking for color you'll not find a better value than silk knots. They should run at or below $30 generally. For a more jewelry-like link there are tons of options at just about every price point. I don't wear a whole lot of french cuff shirts so I don't have any personal recommendations.

Well, you've taken a pricey path with cufflinks matching to tie....

I've got a ton of cufflinks, but mostly use a couple pairs of silver John Hardy's to play off everything.

I don't know their prices, but I was in Barneys NY over the weekend and they had a pretty impressive array of cufflinks with a variety of stone/enamel colors.
From past experience, I believe they're pricey, but not over the top pricey.
Not as much as Hardy or Yurman.

But if you're not near a Barney's, not sure how well they represent them online. They seem to be a bit more "boutique like" with their cufflinks. i.e. I don't think they carry any of the big name jewelry designers for the most part.

Last edited:
Those Charles Tyrwhitt links are nice and pretty reasonably priced.

I recently dove in with a Jermyn Street shirter seeing one of Doc's suggestions and the shirt and tie I got are first rate. Really impressed with the tie. Couldn't believe how fast they delivered.

Bet those links are nice quality too.

Last edited:
I don't usually do a whole lot of color in my cufflinks, but one pair I absolutely love. I got them at Nordstrom's some time ago, and they are made from Italian Murano glass, in a style call Mille Fiore I believe. Basically it results in a lot of color in a tiny space, and matches/compliments a wide variety of different ties and shirts. Those aren't actually the ones that I own, but they are very similar.

proxy.php

Again, they are definitely not my typical fare, as I'm much more conservative than that usually, but they do look great, and I get compliments on them constantly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom