What's new

Enabling my younger brother

My brother is 17 years old and at the point where he wants to shave and he definitely needs it. This is what I put together for him
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Points for your generosity but will he fall down a rabbit whole. From my previous experience the first hit usually comes free. 😢

I hope your brother gets many happy shave and finds the joy in this great hobby like I and many others here have found. You are a good brother. 👍👍👍
Happy shaves.

Points for your generosity but will he fall down a rabbit whole. From my previous experience the first hit usually comes free. [emoji22]

I hope your brother gets many happy shave and finds the joy in this great hobby like I and many others here have found. You are a good brother. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Happy shaves.
I'm not sure if he will or not but I'll be able to guide him if so! Thank you :)

Fayiz D.

A better start than me. My stepdad gave me a crappy electric in the early 60s. I switched to an injector in college in the mid-late 60s, then carts for 40 years. It wasn't until my early 60s that I found DE. If it wasn't for a hand tremor by then, I would have tried a SR, but I'm happy with DE's.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
A better start than me. My stepdad gave me a crappy electric in the early 60s. I switched to an injector in college in the mid-late 60s, then carts for 40 years. It wasn't until my early 60s that I found DE. If it wasn't for a hand tremor by then, I would have tried a SR, but I'm happy with DE's.
I moved back to DE razors from straights after having a stroke almost two years ago. After the stroke my hand was not as steady hence why I changed. Since the stroke shaving as become more hobby and fun than necessity.
Enjoy your DE journey.
Happy Shaves 😀😀😀

Very well done. It’s a wonderful feeling getting others addicted so they can share in your obsessions. 😉

I’m about to drop a ‘71 Gillette and some starter stuff on my partner’s son who’s graduating college this week. She said her other kids were razzing him about his patchy facial hair. Now he can remove it in style.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
That’s a great set up, nicely done! Recently did the same for my own brother, he’s 63, cart shaver, head shaver. Sent him my first DE 38C gently used, blades, soaps, creams and a big synth. He’s loving it!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My little brother has been a cart (wet) shaver all his life. I recently gave him one of my M7DS's (Japanese), Arko stick and strop. He hasn't the courage to shave with them yet. He just has them out to admire.

Looks like a great starting set. There is only one more thing that is missing. It's a good triple milled soap. I believe everyone should try both, hard milled soaps and artisan soft soap varieties

Great first shave! Went with the rockwell 6c with plate 5 wtg since he had a lot of growth. Then plate 2 xtg. He said it was very smooth and comfortable. He loves the lime and bergamot soap and capt choice bay rum A/S.

I shaved his right side to show him angle and what pressure (lackthereof) should be like and let him do the other side. Blade was a supermax blue diamond.

Taught him to face lather with the yaqi lucky dice. I'll get him a bowl as I am personally a bowl latherer and teach him scooping and bowl lathering.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Top Bottom