What's new

emwolf Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interviews - Meet member emwolf

89666.jpg

@emwolf has been a member of Badger and Blade since Sep 8, 2014

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?
I was cleaning my mom's house to downsize her into a condo. I came across the Gillette Super and Tech my brothers and I learned to shave with and decided I'd start using them again rather than move to 5 blades. Stumbled across this site and was enchanted. I noticed the "contributor" button and there are a couple sites that I have supported in this way, particulary since I feel I get so much in return.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?
I've been mostly in the newspaper advertising and circulation business for 35 years, but recently have switched to a local network affiliate TV station. The newspaper business has little support left in it and I feel much better about TV.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?
Born and raised in central Illinois where I still live, as does most of my family. The wife and I are empty nesters now and enjoy travelling a bit, but Covid has put a crimp in a lot of those plans.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I have really enjoyed my vacations in Jamaica, that sounds very appealing, but I really want to be near family.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?
I dabble in comic books, love movies, James Bond memorabilia, and of course DE razors. I'm just getting into smoking meats, but have always enjoyed cooking. Big fan of The Who, Steely Dan and Harry Nilsson and am a bit of a trivia junkie.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?
My avatar is my cat, Leela. She has one eye and our oldest daughter is a Futurama fan and named her. for Christmas I had a company photoshop her head onto a royal body and print it on canvas. It's just a fun conversation starter.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
I think, at this point in my life, I'd love to sit down with my paternal grandfather and have a cup of coffee. I knew him, but he passed when I was in my teens and I would really like to know more about him as an adult.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?
Spend more time doing community theater. I was a theater nerd in high school and college and would love to do more, but it's very time consuming.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?
Helped keep a radio anthology series alive at my local community theater back in the early 1980's: Playhouse 88 on Parkland College's radio station WPCD. If anyone knows someone with recordings of those old shows, I'd love to get in contact with them.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?
I'm a big fan of "one day at a time," but my current favorite quote is, "Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, then it isn't the end."

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?
Mind control!

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?
A cat living in my house.

13. What kind of music do you like?
Both kinds, country AND western. Seriously, I was raised on classical, country and jazz, but discovered rock, bubblegum, film scores and more. There's little I don't like.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?
Napoleon Dynamite, great friends, great family, and you just follow your heart.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?
Count Your Blessings.

Great interview!
Your piece of advice resonates with me, I say "everything will work out in the end, not sure how it'll happen but it'll work out". I think I'll borrow your version.

I have always admired your cat portrait. I also greatly appreciate your opinions. It was a privilege to get to know you better through this interview. Thank you very much for sharing.

Top Bottom