What's new

Empty cigar boxes - crafts? Re-gifting? Ideas?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The cigar shop I visited sells their empty boxes for a $2 donation to the troops. They use the funds to send cigars to the troops. I took 3 for $10 last time I was there and my intentions are to use them in a tupperdor if run out of room in my humidors.

They have a LOT to pick from. So I’m wondering if any if ya’ll repurpose cigar boxes for anything?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
My friend is collecting of his for an eventual wall art thing.

Attachments

• C54DA1F6-C48E-4FC6-9DF6-FE32434C8852.jpeg
    C54DA1F6-C48E-4FC6-9DF6-FE32434C8852.jpeg
    888.1 KB · Views: 45

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It’s a nice gesture, rather than toss them out in the rubbish. Boxes that sort of size are always suitable to store something in.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That’s neat Kent! I could do that for sure. But then one day I know I’d just throw them all in the garbage.

The Alec Bradley Sanctums come in a decent boxes with a footboard. I repainted a few of those, put dividers in them and gave them to my nieces for jewelry boxes.

I've got an Undercrown box I'm working on a wooden ash tray with a copper insert so the poly'd wood doesn't burn up when it gets ashed in.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I use them as gift boxes for all kinds of things—sturdy, pretty, reusable. Some I give to my wife to store art supplies, others I give to my kid to store his treasures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good suggestions so far.

When I was in my twenties I used one box in the bathroom as a potpourri holder. It was really cool for a bachelor and it got many compliments from women at parties I hosted. Made the bathroom smell a hell of a lot nicer too. Years later my wife used one as a craft, making into a purse like thing.

My grandfather smoked cigars and would give my mom some for whatever. She still has one in a desk drawer with various pencils, pens and whatnot in it from when I was a kid in grade school.

Not much else I can offer. I no longer buy cigars in a box so I don't have to find a use for them or bin them.

Maybe do an internet search for how to reuse cigar boxes?

Good luck.

Chris

Top Bottom