What's new

Empty bottles...

As some of you know, my most favorite colognes are from Penhaligon's in London! I was fortunately to have made my first purchase during the 1980's on a trip to London and have bought many, many bottles of their cologne since then! In the last few weeks I completed two different scents, one was "LP No. 9" and the second was "Castile"! For whatever reason, I can't seem to part with the bottles or the packaging! The bottles still have some scent but nothing I can actually experience until I mechanically remove the sprayer still I just want to keep it anyway as part of my memory of each one! Does anyone here have this same addiction for their favorite colognes?

You are not alone with your soul not wanting to part ways with those empty bottles, and there is nothing odd about it. I have kept many empties, and some of the boxes of my favorite scents, and they now reside on a shelf in a spare bedroom. Not only do these empty bottles offer some scentimental value, they could have a monetary value, especially something like Penhaligons. Why not find a little place somewhere in your home which you enjoy, and display them. That way you will always have them so you can reminisce and remember them when the urge strikes. Every person collects or saves certain things, one of the things that makes each of us unique.

thanks for sharing your fondness of Pens!
two questions...is same feeling shared with a SWMBO?!
and, do you like the new animal-head scents?!

penhaligon stack 2.jpg

Glad to know that I am not the only one! I like your suggestion and am trying to find just the right spot to place them. Some of them are even more precious to me because they don't offer them any longer or at least at the moment! When I find just the right spot I'll post a picture of them all!

You are not alone with your soul not wanting to part ways with those empty bottles, and there is nothing odd about it. I have kept many empties, and some of the boxes of my favorite scents, and they now reside on a shelf in a spare bedroom. Not only do these empty bottles offer some scentimental value, they could have a monetary value, especially something like Penhaligons. Why not find a little place somewhere in your home which you enjoy, and display them. That way you will always have them so you can reminisce and remember them when the urge strikes. Every person collects or saves certain things, one of the things that makes each of us unique.

Thank you for posting one of your lovely photos of Penhaligon's creations! I have several of them that you have posted with "English Fern" being one of my most favorite! "Castile", "Quercus" "Racquets" are also on the list and I just looked in my bookcase with glass door and so far I counted about 35 bottles many of which are still wrapped in the white and black patterned tissue paper that they all come in! You remember the tissue paper? Anyway, it is nice to share my interest in Penhaligon's with you guys! By the way, how many of Penhaligon's stores have you been in? I'm thinking at least 20 between here in the U.S., England and France! Cheers!

thanks for sharing your fondness of Pens!
two questions...is same feeling shared with a SWMBO?!
and, do you like the new animal-head scents?!

View attachment 1080510

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
As some of you know, my most favorite colognes are from Penhaligon's in London! I was fortunately to have made my first purchase during the 1980's on a trip to London and have bought many, many bottles of their cologne since then! In the last few weeks I completed two different scents, one was "LP No. 9" and the second was "Castile"! For whatever reason, I can't seem to part with the bottles or the packaging! The bottles still have some scent but nothing I can actually experience until I mechanically remove the sprayer still I just want to keep it anyway as part of my memory of each one! Does anyone here have this same addiction for their favorite colognes?
No but the cologne I’ve used since 1972 comes in an unremarkable bottle.

Top Bottom