What's new

Empty bottles for aftershave splashes

Hey Gents! My son and I are both members of B&B. He came up with a great idea today. "Dad, why don't we go halfs on our splashes that way we can try more." What a great idea! I was wondering if any of you know where we can get some glass bottles so we can go halfs on our splashes. BTW, we have Alt-insbruck, poraso, pashana, pinaud variities, and speick. Not a bad start. We really want some floid spanish vigoroso. Anyone know where we can get that? Anyway, as always, thanks for the input.:thumbup:

glass vinegar bottle from the dollar store.

you know the kind with the square body like you see in a restaurant.

+1

and if your lucky your dollar store will sell them in 2's in a nice wire holder (originally for oil and vinegar at your dinner table) that do well with say speik aftershave in one and the matching speik EDT in the other.

ALSO, get a cheap labeler from an office store. After you go halves on a few clear liquid splashes you will need a way to tell them apart... and it looks nicer than masking tape and a sharpie

That's a brilliant suggestion. The dispenser at the top is perfect for splashes, and the bottle itself will look pretty good sitting on the counter.

You can find those bottles at most kitchen-ware stores.

But there's no reason why you have to go with glass ... the plastic squeeze bottles with a flip-up top will work just as well. Maybe even better, since they're usually opaque, and some asl splashes might be light-sensitive.

That's a brilliant suggestion. The dispenser at the top is perfect for splashes, and the bottle itself will look pretty good sitting on the counter.

You can find those bottles at most kitchen-ware stores.

But there's no reason why you have to go with glass ... the plastic squeeze bottles with a flip-up top will work just as well. Maybe even better, since they're usually opaque, and some asl splashes might be light-sensitive.

great idea! bit we wont mention the plastic option to the Aqua Velva guys. They are touchy right now.

Hello!

Excellent idea. I'm going to spring the halfsies idea on my brother. Not sure if he'll go for it. That bottle of AS will last more than twenty years at the rate he's using it.

I don't know if you have any apothecaries or health/natural food stores where you live. They often have glass bottles for folks who mix their own concoctions: balms, salves, lotions, splashes, etc.

The one near my house has a literal catalog of them. All sizes of those brown (and blue) glass bottles, from tiny to very large. Plus they have all sorts of caps, pumps, spray heads, even those plastic reducers with the tiny hole in the center to limit the amount of fluid that splashes out of your bottles. A twelve ounce brown glass bottle runs about $1.30, a plastic spray head with cap about $.50 to give you an idea.

If you have any of these types of shops in your area, I'd suggest you look there first.

+1 on the office labeler. Make sure it uses a plastic tape. One of mine, a Dymo, only took paper tape. Not a good mix with the fluids.

With all the brown bottles and clean labels, my bathroom looks like a turn-of-the-century laboratory!

K.T.

Last edited:
In another thread, we were discussing atomizers, and the topic of decanting came up, since I was looking for a pocket-sized atomizer to hold 5~10ml of my favorite EdT.

Someone suggested this site: http://www.accessoriesforfragrances.com/

You might find what you're looking for there.

(I haven't ordered from these people. I have no direct knowledge of how the prices compare, how fast they ship, etc.
)

check out specialtybottle.com

their cobalt & amber bottles come in a nice variety of sizes and can be fitted with a variety of tops including atomizer, pump and traditional twist-off. they also have no minimums...and carry vials with atomizers too.

Top Bottom