What's new

Emir cousins

I've had close relatives of other non-Gillette razors, but this is my 1st time of acquiring cousins in the Emir family. My 1st set was listed here. Now I've got an additional set, also pristine and although slightly different -- such as the asymmetry of the head doesn't include an open comb side, and the E logo is not inside as red an area as on my original set.

Nonetheless, pretty cool set and I think they enjoy their company.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Beautiful red leather case too.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Asymmetry is part of this razor's design. You can see more details from my earlier posting of this unique head design here.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Now I know there's talk of cool titanium and stainless handles and unusual new head designs, but this vintage workmanship is so classy, finely crafted, and functional. Hard to really compete, atmo.

The condition on both of those is really nice, and they are both extremely classy. I especially love the intricate design on the handles. It really reminds me of the Art Deco period for some reason. I love them.

Have you shaved with either? How do they shave? The open comb especially looks like an interesting shave. Congrats on having "cousins" and 2 really nice sets.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Very nice comparison -- thanks for the thread, Jake. I'm getting the urge to pull one of my EMIR razors out for tomorrow's shave!

Those are really nice! Definitely on my wish list! Funny, we were just discussing Emir razors on another thread.

They shave great. Nice to have a more aggressive & less aggressive side. As the stubble gets shorter I can use the less aggressive side.
The condition on both of those is really nice, and they are both extremely classy. I especially love the intricate design on the handles. It really reminds me of the Art Deco period for some reason. I love them.

Have you shaved with either? How do they shave? The open comb especially looks like an interesting shave. Congrats on having "cousins" and 2 really nice sets.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
My red paint looks really shot. :sad:

Well used and shaves like a dream!

Last edited by a moderator:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Doug, how would you compare the shave results to?

That's a tough one. Every razor has its own personality. Now remember that mine is slightly different from Jake's and is symmetric, equally smooth on both sides.

What does it compare to? Perhaps a Merkur HD 34 on a good day.

Or maybe a Rotbart like this?

That's a tough one. Every razor has its own personality. Now remember that mine is slightly different from Jake's and is symmetric, equally smooth on both sides.

What does it compare to? Perhaps a Merkur HD 34 on a good day.

Or maybe a Rotbart like this?
OK, on the mid aggressive side. Thanks Doug.

R

romsitsa

Hello,

was there ever a three piece Emir razor consisting of the heavy handle (found on all asymmetric Emirs) with a plain simple Old type head (unmarked)?
The handle didn't have the double collar, so the head sat flush on it (like the handle to the left in Jakes first picture).
I really suspect a missmatch, but couldn't find any ad or sales catalog, so can't be sure.

Thank you

Adam

Top Bottom